News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Aqua Soft.org skin ported to SMF :)

Started by Nightwish, March 17, 2005, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerd213

How do i add a link for the arcade?

rua_velha

Hi to evry one
First of all thanks for this great skin,Good work Guys.
Then I would like to ask if there are others languages available then th English.
I would like to have it in Portuguese.
Thanks in advance
rua_velha

BlackMagicWoman

Then use your portugise language files, i get it work very well with default language files on my language. I copied all images from language in and it looks pretty good ;)

I would rater wanna get some logo from somewhere, is here anyone who could make this small logo for me because i'm definitely NOT a graphic artist ;)

Logue

Very nice theme.
I translate into Japanese instantly and have had you let it use.
Marathon BBS

dtm.exe

Quote from: Logue on May 26, 2005, 07:29:15 AM
Very nice theme.
Marathon BBS

How did you get the buttons in the navigation bar on your forum?

-Dan The Man

Nightwish

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on May 26, 2005, 10:37:49 AM
Quote from: Logue on May 26, 2005, 07:29:15 AM
Very nice theme.
Marathon BBS

How did you get the buttons in the navigation bar on your forum?

-Dan The Man

Probably, because he did what I always suggested. Obtain the images, do a few .css edits and that's all :)
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
EoS - SMF-based forum under development.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Nightwish on May 26, 2005, 04:19:43 PM
Probably, because he did what I always suggested. Obtain the images, do a few .css edits and that's all :)

Well what changes do I make in the the .css file to allow those images?

-Dan The Man

Nightwish

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on May 26, 2005, 04:27:52 PM
Quote from: Nightwish on May 26, 2005, 04:19:43 PM

Well what changes do I make in the the .css file to allow those images?

-Dan The Man

Check the .toolbar sections to figure out where the images should be. Also, the readme subfolder contains the original style sheets with support for toolbar icons.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.

Redeye

Nightwish, great theme!

As I'm a programing numpty  :( could you advise me as to how I can add extra items to the menu.

On my current theme (modified default) I have Membermap, Gallery, etc. and would like to add these to the menu.

TIA

Nightwish

Quote from: Redeye on May 27, 2005, 01:24:19 AM
Nightwish, great theme!

As I'm a programing numpty  :( could you advise me as to how I can add extra items to the menu.

On my current theme (modified default) I have Membermap, Gallery, etc. and would like to add these to the menu.

TIA

Just add some more sections to the toolbar in index_template.php.

It's not exactly easy in this theme, because you have to take care about the overall width of the toolbar, otherwise it may wrap into 2 lines (and that will look a bit strange).

Also, you have to define .css classes for each new section and assign the background images.

Redeye

Quote from: Nightwish on May 27, 2005, 01:35:13 AM
Nightwish, great theme!

TIA

It's not exactly easy in this theme, because you have to take care about the overall width of the toolbar, otherwise it may wrap into 2 lines (and that will look a bit strange).

Also, you have to define .css classes for each new section and assign the background images.

I'm not using images, just the text.

Can I copy one of the other menu items and just do a few changes?

sdl

TOOLBAR! GET YOUR TOOLBAR!

Download: http://orderjet.com/smfaqua_toolbar.zip [nofollow]

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THEME.  MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE HERE.

Hey Nightwish, this isn't my best work, but I was in an anxious hurry to get some buttons to go with the theme - ones that wouldn't be hindered by copyright issues.  Consider them part of your collection if you'd like - consider any copyright, credit, blah blah transerred soley to you.  My gift as thanks.

To get the Quicklinks and Search buttons to appear, I had to modify slightly the original aqua.css and graphite.css files located in your README/orig_styles folder. These are included in the zip file.

Instructions:
To install, both aqua.css and graphite.css files go in the Themes/smfaqua folder (rename or backup the original files first, just in case). Then copy the graphics files into the smfaqua/images/buttons folder - should be nothing to back up there, so just copy them in. 

Should work just fine!

sdl

Quote from: Nightwish on May 27, 2005, 01:35:13 AM
Nightwish, great theme!

TIA

Thanks for the advice, I did just that! I'm using Coppermine (bridged to SMF) - and just duplicated the calendar portions inside the index.template and both .css files - then modified them for the new graphic I created (after switching the order around a bit):

http://orderjet.com/tb_photos_a.gif [nofollow]

In the duplicate calendar section of index.template I left alone the code that said:if ($context['allow_calendar'])since access to the gallery and the calendar would both be based on the same permissions.

My coppermine is one folder up in a subfolder called /pics, so where it said (in the duplicate calendar section):
<div id="tbcal"><a class="tblink" href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">', $txt['calendar24'], '</a></div>';
I replaced it with:
<div id="tbphotos"><a class="tblink" href="/pics/index.php">Photos</a></div>';

Oh, and I didn't worry about the extra toolbar width for the additional button, as most of the users won't have the admin button anyway. On my screen it shows up fine.

Gargamel

First of all: I love Your theme! Brilliant work.

But Im having a few problems: If You have a look at the first screenshot, You can see that for some reason the search ("Suche") button is not visible.
http://wiwi-board.junkyard.name/bilda/screenshot1.gif [nofollow] (54KB)

I put the .css file from the readme folder in the theme root and the correctly named search-button (tb_search_a.gif) into /images/buttons. But that damn thing wont show up. All the other buttons work. What went wrong?

http://wiwi-board.junkyard.name/bilda/screenshot2.gif [nofollow] (65KB)
Also the DHTML-Menus are kind of screwed up, as You can see on the above screenshot.

http://wiwi-board.junkyard.name/bilda/screenshot3.gif [nofollow] (61KB)
This is a screenshot of my error-log. These errors repeat that "Undefined index: a03"-error for a01, a02, a03 and a05.

I can provide You a test-account on my board if thats helpful.

sdl

Quote from: Gargamel on May 29, 2005, 09:36:42 PM
I put the .css file from the readme folder in the theme root and the correctly named search-button (tb_search_a.gif) into /images/buttons. But that damn thing wont show up. All the other buttons work. What went wrong?

Just ran into this. You need to edit aqua.css and graphite.css;

Find:
#tbsearch
Replace with:
#a_tbsearch

There is no code in the .css file for the quicklinks, so after the #tbsearch line, add:
#a_quicklinks { height:45px;background: url(images/buttons/tb_quick_a.gif) no-repeat top center; display: inline; float:left;}

The two missing buttons should appear after that.

Incidentally, where did you get the original buttons? I had to make my own.

Nightwish

Quote from: sdl on May 28, 2005, 07:44:26 PM
TOOLBAR! GET YOUR TOOLBAR!

Download: http://orderjet.com/smfaqua_toolbar.zip

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS THEME.  MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE HERE.

Hey Nightwish, this isn't my best work, but I was in an anxious hurry to get some buttons to go with the theme - ones that wouldn't be hindered by copyright issues.  Consider them part of your collection if you'd like - consider any copyright, credit, blah blah transerred soley to you.  My gift as thanks.

Big thanks for making them.

Actually, I like these buttons a lot. They perfectly fit into the color scheme.

I'll prepare a new package with these buttons so that people will no longer have to deal with the toolbar stuff in the future.

Nightwish

Updated with the nice toolbar icons (+ css) contributed by sdl.

Download

Link in the first post has been updated aswell, but removing the attachment with the old archive doesn't work.

dtm.exe

I'd like to add a chat icon to my toolbar.  Can you please provide the code as well as the image?

-Dan The Man

gapleki

I have a problem unzipping the tar (all file is 0k??). Is it possible to have it as ZIP instead of TAR?

THANK YOU!!!

gapleki

Nevermind, I found the problem. I need to add the extension to it (The file inside .TAR) to SMFAQUA1_0.tar (after extracting it.

Advertisement: