[Theme] Aqua Soft.org skin ported to SMF :)

Started by Nightwish, March 17, 2005, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaandammer

sunny54

Vinspire^

Quote from: zaandammer on February 06, 2006, 07:28:10 AM
Quote from: kokorobox on February 05, 2006, 12:03:49 PM
Where can i download Aqua Soft theme for SMF 1.1 RC 2 ?

You can't...

Ronald.

Hmm .... my forummers wanted an Aqua Theme for 1.1 ... too bad there isn't :(

Deaks

The theme is only for 1.0.?

You could always pm Nightwish askin for an rc2 version, but oddly i dont think they will make it as alot has changed since 1.0.2 when it was released
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

NightwareProductions

That looks freaking awesome I wish I could get it to work for mine  :(

J. Williams

It'd take you a long time to get it from 1.0 to 1.1 as there are millions of code changes in the templates.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Nightwish

Quote from: spaceman on December 30, 2005, 05:46:19 AM
Here is the direct link and is working if only you're logged in:
Not possible, since all custom modifications were done to make it work only for my site design and MKPortal (CMS). Besides there're few mods installed manualy that required changes in Sources directory and the forum templates were modified such that it's working specifically on my site. Hence I'm afraid it'll generate errors when ported to another site. Sorry about that.

By the way it seems the author has discontinued the development of the theme moreover his site is completely clened up now...
My site is still alive, the URL has changed though.. I also plan to upgrade the forums to SMF 1.1 when it becomes final.

It is now on http://www.miranda.or.at/forums/

As for supporting SMF 1.1 - I still plan to do it at some time, but I'am really lacking the time right now, as I'am involved in other open source projects.

So, if someone has already started working on a port, let me know please.

And yes, it's quite a lot of work to update this theme, because I've done a huge number of changes to the templates in order to do all the DHTML stuff (menus, collapsable sections etc.) and the changes between SMF 1.0.x and 1.1.x are also quite big.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
EoS - SMF-based forum under development.

xtremecruiser

Many of us are hoping this gets updated for the current version of SMF  ;D

leelad

Not wanting to crawl through 22 pages to see if this has been mentioned but a friend noticed that his and my forum were not getting spidered. he pointed out that the meta data in the themes template was probably the cause..

<meta name="robots" content="nofollow,nosnippet" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="nofollow,nosnippet" />

Not sure why this was put in. remove it from "index.template" in the theme's folder if such things displease you.  :o

afterglow

Just want to ask if anybody here ever installed this theme for smf 1.0.7?
The Aqua theme i got works only on 1.0.5 so i need at least 4 template files upgraded to make it compatible with the 1.0.7 version.

regards,
afterglow

apnakohat

Hello,
        I have just installed Aqua theme and i m unable to place the google ads at top and at bottom well i have searched one topic but  i have tried to place the ads as it was guided in the topic but unfortunatley it changed the size of the page so i have to remove it..so can anybody plz tell me how to do it ?? i m using Aqua theme...
my site link is http://www.ebaat.com
Regards.

Vinspire

Can i use some of the icons in this theme / aquasoft.org like the statistic and members icon in my site ?

J. Williams

As long as you put a note where they are from,I think that would be fine :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Vinspire

Snape

Since Nightwish's home forum link seems to be dead and SMF 1.1 has now officially gone final, any hopes of this coming back from the dead?

Christmas miracle?  ;)

J. Williams

If anyone wishes to, they can try to bring it back to life with whatever they can find and use.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Antoinetta

Nightwish

Quote from: Snape on December 17, 2006, 08:13:46 PM
Since Nightwish's home forum link seems to be dead and SMF 1.1 has now officially gone final, any hopes of this coming back from the dead?

Christmas miracle?  ;)

The forum is not dead. It has moved to its own domain: http://www.miranda.or.at/forums/index.php

Regarding the aqua theme: I plan to upgrade my own forum to SMF 1.1 later this month (or maybe next) and will then look at the theme to make it compatible. It is probably a LOT of work and I have not been following the SMF 1.1 development close enough to figure out where the most important changes are required.

Anyway, sooner or later it will happen :)
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
EoS - SMF-based forum under development.

ormuz

Quote from: Nightwish on January 04, 2007, 08:45:35 AM
Quote from: Snape on December 17, 2006, 08:13:46 PM

Christmas miracle?  ;)

The forum is not dead. It has moved to its own domain: http://www.miranda.or.at/forums/index.php

Regarding the aqua theme: I plan to upgrade my own forum to SMF 1.1 later this month (or maybe next) and will then look at the theme to make it compatible. It is probably a LOT of work and I have not been following the SMF 1.1 development close enough to figure out where the most important changes are required.

Anyway, sooner or later it will happen :)

Great news, that's a wonderfull theme, everyone hope that u can make the update as soon as possible!

FAINT

Nice theme, but you're just missing something.

And can u tell me how to add shoutbox in this :[

Errors and Missing Stuff
when you wanna edit news, Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_edit_news() (previously declared in /home/.noe/faint/forums.xtreme-surfers.com/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code:351) in /home/.noe/faint/forums.xtreme-surfers.com/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 55

And your missing some images,

hxxp:img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmgy5.jpg [nonactive]

The theme's missing some config pages, I mean in admin, server settings, they only show core config, no links for feature config and caching.

So as image validation in registration, it doesn't show up in registration page.

You can't go to registration page in admin config.
hxxp:img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=registerwh2.jpg [nonactive]
hxxp:img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=register2di8.jpg [nonactive]

Advertisement: