News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Formatting buttons and smilies do not work

Started by EgonTowst, May 04, 2009, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EgonTowst

I recently installed SMF on my website and I'm having some problems with formatting when posting.

I am using SMF 2.0 RC1, and have a mod installed that allows me to wrap the forums within a page on my Joomla! website and sync users between the website and forums.  This is the mod:  Simple Joomla! 1.5.x to SMF 2.x bridge (Link: hxxp:extensions.joomla.org/extensions/5388/details [nonactive])

The forums and mod seem to be working fine, except the formatting buttons don't work when posting.  I do have BBC coding enabled and it does work when I type the tags manually in my post.  But when selecting text and clicking one of the formatting buttons, or when clicking on a smiley to insert it, nothing happens. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kermit

Did they (bbc & smilies) work before you install the related Joomla bridge ?
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

EgonTowst

I'm assuming they would have because I had just installed the forums prior to the mod and hadn't used them or messed around with them much, other than just setting up my boards.  But I'm not sure, I didn't try posting before installing the mod.   :-\

Kermit

Then it's probably sth. with joomla bridge,i'd suggest you to ask this in that board

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=138.0
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Advertisement: