News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

IRC Tag

Started by Louis (CSpotkill), March 19, 2005, 07:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis (CSpotkill)

Link to Mod

Install this mod to be able to link to IRC channels & servers with the IRC tag. Also replaces server aliases with the proper server name, using the servers/aliases listed in mIRC's servers.ini file. (You can easily add your own server aliases too.)

Example:

BBCodeBecomes ...
[irc=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/c4a]Join #c4a on GameSurge![/irc]A link named Join #c4a on GameSurge! that points at irc://irc.gamesurge.net/c4a
[irc=gamesurge/c4a]Join #c4a on GameSurge![/irc]Same as above
[irc]gamesurge/c4a[/irc]A link to irc://irc.gamesurge.net/c4a named irc://irc.gamesurge.net/c4a

To install this mod (and many others):

Download IrcTag1.0.zip. Click Admin, then click Package Manager, then Download New Packages. Under Upload a Package, click Browse and find the IrcTag1.0.zip. Then click Upload and follow the prompts.

Known issues:
  • Does not add a button to the post area. (Want it to? Speak up!)

Note: Only tested with SMF 1.0.2 - The modification should work in previous versions, but the installer might not. If you get any problems, please reply with your SMF/IRC Tag version numbers, and I'll try to fix the problems as soon as possible.
My SMF Mods:

Pause

How about [irc=irc://irc.server.net:6667/roomhere]join #room here[/irc] so that it connects on port 6667?    :P
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Louis (CSpotkill)

I didn't mention it, but it can do that already ;)

See the fourth example on http://www.cszen.com/testforum/index.php?topic=1.msg8#msg8

But using an alias instead of the server won't work if you use a port number.

Example: [irc=irc://gamesurge:6667/roomhere]join #roomhere[/irc]
Will create a link to irc://gamesurge:6667/roomhere which doesn't work.

I hadn't thought about different port numbers when I was making the alias script. So if some of the mirc.ini servers use different port numbers, we might have to correct a few entries. I guess I'll go over it later and allow for different ports when using aliases and correct any aliased servers that use a non-standard port.
My SMF Mods:

Xtasy

Is there a manual install I could read, Ive done alot of modifying to the forum so package manager to work, and I cant seem to get it to work when I manually install.

Louis (CSpotkill)

Open IrcTag1.0.zip and extract/upload IrcTag.php your Sources folder. Next, open Sources/Subs.php and do the following:

• Search for codefromcache. Above that line, add $sourcedir, to the global list of variables.
  • Below the static $codefromcache line, insert the following line:
require_once($sourcedir . '/IrcTag.php');
  • Next, search for Find a (named?) URL... and above that, insert the following lines:
// IRC Tag mod [irc=server/channel]Link Text[/irc]
'~\[irc\](?:irc://)*(.+?)\[/irc\]~ie' => isset($disabled['irc']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\'))' : '\'<a href="irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\'" target="_blank">irc://\' . checkIRCserver(\'$1\') . \'</a>\'',
'~\[irc=(?:irc://)*(.+?)\](.+?)\[/irc\]~ie' => isset($disabled['irc']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' (irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\')\'' : '\'<a href="irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\'" target="_blank">$2</a>\'',
    My SMF Mods:

Xtasy

Thanks, Im recieving the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/menowar/public_html/xenez/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 953

Louis (CSpotkill)

Mind posting Subs.php around line 953 ? Or maybe try re-uploading the file.

Here's what that part of the file should look like:

<?php // Added to start syntax-highlighting

$code_to_from = array(
    // A named email address. [[email protected]]me[/email] // Spam-Me-Not SMF Mod
    '~\[email=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/email\]~ie' => isset($disabled['email']) ? '\'$2 (\'.SpamMeNotEncode(\'$1\',3).\')\'' '\'<a href="mailto:\'.SpamMeNotEncode(\'$1\',3).\'">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\]|\[ftp.*?\]|\[/ftp\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'',
    // Find an inside link. (named?) ie. [iurl]www.simplemachines.org[/iurl]
    '~\[iurl=([^\]]+?)\]([^\[\]]+?)\[/iurl\]~i' => isset($disabled['iurl']) ? (!isset($disabled['url']) ? '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$2</a>' '$2 ($1)') : '<a href="$1">$2</a>',
    '~\[iurl=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/iurl\]~ie' => isset($disabled['iurl']) ? (!isset($disabled['url']) ? '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'' 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' ($1)\'') : '\'<a href="$1">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'',
    '~\[iurl\](.+?)\[/iurl\]~i' => isset($disabled['iurl']) ? (!isset($disabled['url']) ? '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>' '$1') : '<a href="$1">$1</a>',
    // FTP link.  Named...?  [ftp=upload.sourceforge.net]Sourceforge[/ftp]
    '~\[ftp\](.+?)\[/ftp\]~ie' => isset($disabled['ftp']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$1\')' '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$1\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'',
    '~\[ftp=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/ftp\]~ie' => isset($disabled['ftp']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' ($1)\'' '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'',
    // IRC Tag mod [irc=server/channel]Link Text[/irc]
    '~\[irc\](?:irc://)*(.+?)\[/irc\]~ie' => isset($disabled['irc']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\'))' '\'<a href="irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\'" target="_blank">irc://\' . checkIRCserver(\'$1\') . \'</a>\'',
    '~\[irc=(?:irc://)*(.+?)\](.+?)\[/irc\]~ie' => isset($disabled['irc']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' (irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\')\'' '\'<a href="irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\'" target="_blank">$2</a>\'',
    // Find a (named?) URL... [url]www.simplemachines.org[/url] or [url=www.simplemachines.org]SMF[/url]
    '~\[url=([^\]]+?)\]([^\]]*?\[url(?:=[^\]]+?)?\].+?\[/url\].*?)\[/url\]~ie' => isset($disabled['url']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' ($1)\'' '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'',
    My SMF Mods:

Xtasy

hmmm mine looks way different...

<?php // Added to start syntax-highlighting

// A named email address. [[email protected]]me[/email]
    if(isset($add['[email='])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[email=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/email\]~ie';
    $arr2[] = isset($disabled['email']) ? '$2 ($1)' '\'<a href="mailto:$1">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\]|\[ftp.*?\]|\[/ftp\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'';
    }
    // Find an inside link. (named?) ie. [iurl]www.simplemachines.org[/iurl]
    if(isset($add['[iurl='])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[iurl=([^\]]+?)\]([^\[\]]+?)\[/iurl\]~i';
    $arr1[] = '~\[iurl=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/iurl\]~ie';
    if(isset($disabled['iurl'])){
    if(isset($disabled['url'])){
    $arr2[] = '$2 ($1)';
    $arr2[] = 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' ($1)\'';
    }else{
    $arr2[] = '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$2</a>';
    $arr2[] = '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'';
    }
    }else{
    $arr2[] = '<a href="$1">$2</a>';
    $arr2[] = '\'<a href="$1">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'';
    }
    }
    if(isset($add['[iurl]'])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[iurl\](.+?)\[/iurl\]~i';
    $arr2[] = isset($disabled['iurl']) ? (isset($disabled['url']) ? '$1' '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>') : '<a href="$1">$1</a>';
    }
    // FTP link.  Named...?  [ftp=upload.sourceforge.net]Sourceforge[/ftp]
    if(isset($add['[ftp]'])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[ftp\](.+?)\[/ftp\]~ie';
    $arr2[] = isset($disabled['ftp']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$1\')' '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$1\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'';
    }
    if(isset($add['[ftp='])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[ftp=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/ftp\]~ie';
    $arr2[] = isset($disabled['ftp']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' ($1)\'' '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'';
    }
    // IRC Tag mod [irc=server/channel]Link Text[/irc]
    '~\[irc\](?:irc://)*(.+?)\[/irc\]~ie' => isset($disabled['irc']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\'))' '\'<a href="irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\'" target="_blank">irc://\' . checkIRCserver(\'$1\') . \'</a>\'',
    '~\[irc=(?:irc://)*(.+?)\](.+?)\[/irc\]~ie' => isset($disabled['irc']) ? 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' (irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\')\'' '\'<a href="irc://\'.checkIRCserver(\'$1\').\'" target="_blank">$2</a>\'',

// Find a (named?) URL... [url]www.simplemachines.org[/url] or [url=www.simplemachines.org]SMF[/url]
    if(isset($add['[url='])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[url=([^\]]+?)\]([^\]]*?\[url(?:=[^\]]+?)?\].+?\[/url\].*?)\[/url\]~ie';
    $arr1[] = '~\[url=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/url\]~ie';
    if(isset($disabled['url'])){
    $arr2[] = 'preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', \'$2\') . \' ($1)\'';
    $arr2[] = '\'$2 ($1)\'';
    }else{
    $arr2[] = '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . preg_replace(\'~(\[url.*?\]|\[/url\])~\', \'\', strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\'))) . \'</a>\'';
    $arr2[] = '\'<a href="$1" target="_blank">\' . strtr(\'$2\', array(\'@\' => \'&#64;\')) . \'</a>\'';
    }
    }
    if(isset($add['[url]'])){
    $arr1[] = '~\[url\](?:<br />)*(.+?)(?:<br />)*\[/url\]~i';
    $arr2[] = isset($disabled['url']) ? '$1' '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>';
    }

Im using 1.02 and I have the following mods installed: .     
    TinyPortal
    G&S_Sticky
    Faster Parsecode
    SMF Arcade
    OnLine Users Today
    The Bar Of Experience
    Message Icon Manager
    Enhanced Quick Reply
    Donations_Mod
    Spam-me-not

Board URL: http://www.xenez.com [nofollow]

Louis (CSpotkill)

Faster Parsecode is the problem - I've never used it, and the mod isn't compatible with it right now. I'll install it and work out the integration for a 1.1 release. Sorry.
    My SMF Mods:

d3v

I have SMF 1.0.4 and Faster Parse Code Mod Installed.
    IRC Tag is installed. I try:

[irc=irc://irc.freenode.net/catchmydr1ft]Visit #catchmydr1ft on Freenode IRCD[/irc]

and it shows up just that way instead of being converted. Is this a version issue? Thank you.

SEXAR

please update this mod for smf late version
    mau coba klik aja

[nofollow]

MF30

update this mod for 1.1.9v please.

Bortmon

please update to 2.0.1... i need that  :D

Bortmon

also please update for 2.0.4... i need it too :D

Edit:\> Never mind. I just found this mod "Alternativ Protocol Fix" ( http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=784 ) which does exactly what i need.
    After downloading this package, you have to edit the "package-info.xml" and extend the listed versions by "2.0 - 2.99.99"; after that it worked on my 2.0.4.

Advertisement: