Deep Terracotta 2009

Started by Shortie, May 11, 2009, 05:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shortie

Link to the theme

A Deep Terracotta Theme.

This layout is of a fluid design with a minimum width of 1100px and a maximum of 1600px.

The Theme  contains features such as:-

• A fully centered menu which will automatically adjust
    with the width of the forum.

• Clean and sharp font which contrasts with the
    background for easy reading at all font sizes.

• Dropdown menus enabled.

• Updated main page layout, with high lighted Categories.

So Enjoy, there will be more colour variations in the future.

Shortie.

For more SMF themes along this design or to request a specific Colour please visit US Here... All requests will be considered.

As always if you are having difficulties or have found a bug please report it back to me at www.GraphicsMayhem.com

TosTos

Great theme. Congrats. Your webpage is also very nice. However, demos would be good for your themes. The other light theme is also good.

Shortie

Many thanks

The Demo site is nearly up and running :D :D

GraphicsMayhem Demo Site

Just needs a little more work :D

Shortie

Kimmie

I would LOVE to have this for 1.1.8 (hint hint) hehehehe

Shortie

I will see what can be done But I have only just got my head round 2RC1 :D :D

ibmorjamn

Quote from: Kimmie on May 16, 2009, 12:11:38 AM
I would LOVE to have this for 1.1.8 (hint hint) hehehehe
I 2nd that! that is my favorite theme. so much that I wish I had installed 2.0 but I will wait for a final release I suppose.
very nice theme ;D
by the way I like the design of your avatar. I need one that reflects my other board name
A "JM" in the center and a transparent green box wrapped in $$
jmthesymbol4cubic$

Shortie

Okay I understand people now what the 1.1 version :D :D

Does anyone have a doc outlining the differences between the 1.1 and the 2.0 branches of SMF so I can see if I can port it to the other version

I will install it and see what I can do

Shortie

SoLoGHoST

Shortie, this is an excellent Theme, along with the others you created.  Always someone requesting 1.1.x version of things.  I'm getting the same stuff on my end with MODS I create for SMF 2.0.x.  No offense meant, but IMO, update your SMF.  It's these users, again IMO, that slow the progress of things in this world.  No Offense meant to 1.1.x users, just adding in my 2 cents.

Imô¿ôu2

"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."
Paul Beatty

ibmorjamn

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on May 26, 2009, 02:07:48 AM
Shortie, this is an excellent Theme, along with the others you created.  Always someone requesting 1.1.x version of things.  I'm getting the same stuff on my end with MODS I create for SMF 2.0.x.  No offense meant, but IMO, update your SMF.  It's these users, again IMO, that slow the progress of things in this world.  No Offense meant to 1.1.x users, just adding in my 2 cents.
I do intend on upgrading but I'm waiting on a final release.
I just got up and running on my site a little over a month ago on 1.1.8 and I felt stable release was the way to go. I am still very new to all of this. LOL

Kimmie

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on May 26, 2009, 02:07:48 AM

No offense taken, however, please understand that there are "reasons" for the requests as well as reasons to not make that "move". Alot of the mods "I" use, are not compatible with 2.0 so it would be pointless for me to make that move yet (and alot easier to request that the very "few" that I want are coded for what I use) :)

And

why bother moving - its not even final yet. That would be like buying a car that only has the frame :)

There are also drastic changes when moving from 1.x to 2.0 because the coding is entirely different. Not to mention TP isnt compatible with 2.0 yet either.

See lots of reasons why "not" to move (yet).  ;)

SoLoGHoST

Ok, point made and taken.  I see what you mean as it's not completely a final release and still not even recommended by SMF for a production site.  Though, as a coder, I can see a lot of great reasons for making the switch to SMF 2.0.x, as it's database functions are more secure and safer than that of the 1.1.x versions (as I've noticed by coding my EDS AddOn for SMF 1.1.x) and also, eliminates upgrading MOD problems with the database.  Though, I am just looking at this more from the eyes of a Developer and not so much from the user standpoint.  So I feel you on MODS not working for the newer SMF version, as mods for the newer version do not work for the older version.  Would be great if SMF Developers devised it in such a way so that any mod you created would work for all versions of SMF instead of just 1 or the other.  Well, now I moved up to 3 cents...lol

Kimmie

QuoteWell, now I moved up to 3 cents...lol

hehehehe no worries. I see your points as well, and agree that 2.0 is the probably the safer of the two. I will eventually make the move - just not at this time. :)

I just REALLLLY like this theme.

Shortie

There is a 1.x theme coming but I just can't get the menu right so will probably just have to change it a little

Shortie

Kimmie

not a problem. take your time, I am in no hurry. :)

Jed C

nice theme Shortie
i also have your deep red theme for members to choose from
however i am having a bit of a problem with this one (Deep Terracotta 2009)
the width of the background is to wide
were can i edit it to make them smaller ?

Shortie

If you are after adjusting the minimum width of the theme

look for the below in style.css and adjust as necessary or remove the    min-width: 1120px;   max-width: 1600px; completely and see how you get on - I added this so that if your menu bar is large it won't colapse when shrunk but if you can get away with it just delete it

#mainframe {
width: 93%;
min-width: 1120px;
max-width: 1600px;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 0;
border: 1px solid #a85943;
}

Any issues just shout

Shortie

Jed C

thank you for reply but that just seems to change the forum its self and it is the
body-bg.png that is to wide

Shortie

Sorry steveb

But I don't quiet see what you you mean too wide (a little late here) it should just fill up the browser window no matter how wide it is

body-bg is a 5x400 px image repeated on the x axis

give me a link so I can see what you mean

Sorry bit slow today

Shortie

Jed C

i have checked against the deep red theme and everything seems the same so a bit puzzling
i am running it local at the moment so cannot show you yet
once i have it live i will give you a shout  ;)

Advertisement: