undelete topic

Started by DJJoeJoe, May 12, 2009, 02:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJJoeJoe

For some reason a topic vanished. I was wondering if there was a way to bring the topic back. I don't have a 'recent' backup that I'd be comfortable using for anything other then if there are no other options.

Sorry for being vague, I'll be happy to follow a simple link of anyone knows of a specific thread that can help me. Just frustrated/in a hurry as I'm sure you all can understand.

JBlaze

There is no way to bring back a deleted topic, or a deleted anything for that matter without a recent backup.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

mattchewone

Unless you are using recycled topics/posts, then there is no way to do this.

DJJoeJoe

as I feared, thanks for the fast replies... I can get to some butt kicking.

EDIT: Where would I be able to retrieve the information backed up when I upgraded to the latest RC1 from beta 4? I checked the 'backup tables' etc when i was updating, and I think half of the topic I want is in there possibly... hopefully. I don't remember downloading a file like normal but I could have forgot.

greyknight17

It should be in the smf_messages table. You can export it and use an INSERT query to put it back to the current smf_messages table. As usual, make sure you backup your database before you do anything there.

Segnali

How about undeleting a deleted reply?

I think there should be such option for admins.

Tavsih

Quote from: newbie2012 on January 01, 2013, 06:18:34 AM

You can restore posts /topics if you have set a board for deleted topics.

Segnali

Quote from: terrible on January 01, 2013, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: newbie2012 on January 01, 2013, 06:18:34 AM

You can restore posts /topics if you have set a board for deleted topics.

How do I set that board?

Thanks

Arantor

Admin > Forum > Boards > Settings, it's in there.

But it won't let you recover previously deleted posts, it just stops future posts being deleted entirely the first time.

Advertisement: