News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Free] Ticket Support System

Started by Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss, May 14, 2009, 08:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

I was wondering if someone could make a ticket support system like the one you see on other major sites to receive help or ask questions.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

redsc

Why not use the contact form ?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1352

as this will work just as much the same !

That is a possibility, but I do like the ticket systems some sites use and they are handy. That's why I was wondering if someone could create one.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

JBlaze

Why not just download osTicket Support Ticket system?

http://www.osticket.com

It is Open Source so it is free :)

I use it myself.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

:D cause I didnt knowthere was such a thing  :D thanks I will look into it now and report back
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

It looks like what I want .. But I don't know how to add it to my forum or which one to download.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

osTicket_1.6.rc4.zip

upload to your server, unpack, rename /upload to /support, then navigate to http://www.yoursite.com/support
Jason Clemons

Done thanks! Now Im going through the admin settings and setting up a noreply email and alert email addresses. Then my worry is how its implemented into the forum  :-\
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

The way I integrated it was simply adding a support link in the navbar.
Jason Clemons

How would I go about doing that?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

I installed the mod and been playing with it through the url ... and that seems to be the only way I know how to get to the admin section is typing in manually like ..../support/scp   ... is there a easy way to get to the admin area and im also fighting the email ways   ::)
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

Throw me a copy of your index.template.php and I'll install the link for ya. It works simple. If you are admin, it displays the admin link, if your not, it displays the regular link :)
Jason Clemons

Here it is. But can you tell me where you add it cause I do add mods and make edits and I want to know where it is incase I come across it.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

This is the way I did it.

index.template.php
Code (find) Select
// Show the [help] button.
echo '
<td valign="middle" class="mainnav' , $current_action == 'help' ? '_active' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
</td>';

Code (add after) Select

// Show the [support] button.
if ($context['user']['is_admin'])
echo '
<td valign="middle" class="mainnav' , $current_action == 'help' ? '_active' : '' , '">
<a href="', $boarddir, '/support/scp/index.php" target="_blank">' , $txt['support_nav'] , '</a>
</td>';
else
echo '
<a href="', $boarddir, '/support/index.php" target="_blank">' , $txt['support_nav'] , '</a>
</td>';

Modifications.english.php
Code (find) Select
?>
Code (add before) Select
$txt['support_nav'] = 'Support';
Jason Clemons

I will test it now and report back
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

I didnt have that code you showed to find and add it after so I found where it talked about the help button and added it after that. It didn't spear to work and I got these errors.

8: Undefined variable: boarddir
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/XXXXXX/public_html/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (html_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 145

8: Undefined variable: current_action
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (html_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 144
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

Ahhh.... you are using 2.0 RC1 that's why :)

OK, you'll have to make the menu edits in Subs.php
Jason Clemons

Here is my subs.php cause I just looked at it and the only help button area is this:

'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

Subs.php
Code (find) Select
'help' => array(
'title' => $txt['help'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=help',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

Code (add after) Select
'support' => array(
'title' => $txt['support'],
'href' => $boarddir . '/support/index.php" target="_blank',
'show' => !$user_info['is_guest'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
'supportadmin' => array(
'title' => $txt['support_admin_login'],
'href' => $boarddir . '/support/scp/index.php',
'show' => allowedTo('admin_forum'),
),
'supportnewticket' => array(
'title' => $txt['support_new_ticket'],
'href' => $boarddir . '/support/open.php',
),
'supportviewticket' => array(
'title' => $txt['support_view_ticket'],
'href' => $boarddir . '/support/view.php',
),
),
),

Modifications.english.php
Code (find) Select
?>
Code (add before) Select
$txt['support'] = 'Support';
$txt['support_admin_login'] = 'Admin Login';
$txt['support_new_ticket'] = 'Open New Ticket';
$txt['support_view_ticket'] = 'View Tickets';

That's the best I can come up with. Play around with it a bit and see what happens :)

(I'm not really that good with 2.0 yet)
Jason Clemons

It has a gap now where the support button should be but now i have 2 pages of errors that appeared a lot just repeats.

I will post the errors but I wont post the file or line cause they are all in the sub.php file

8: Undefined index: support
8: Undefined index: support_admin_login
8: Undefined index: support_new_ticket
8: Undefined index: support_view_ticket
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

Make sure you clear your cache after that edit.
Jason Clemons

Ok I did that now I only get this error

Also how do I access the admin/staff section of the support center (the support button only brings me to the area to submit/view a ticket)
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

OK I fixed the above error I had to add $boarddir to the Global just before this area. But my question is about this part:
QuoteIt works simple. If you are admin, it displays the admin link, if your not, it displays the regular link :)
I dont seem to see the admin area  :-[
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

JBlaze

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on May 15, 2009, 02:50:29 PM
OK I fixed the above error I had to add $boarddir to the Global just before this area. But my question is about this part:
QuoteIt works simple. If you are admin, it displays the admin link, if your not, it displays the regular link :)
I dont seem to see the admin area  :-[

I had it set that way for 1.1.8. I'm not too sure about how to do it for 2.0

It would display /support/scp for admins and only /support for users.
Jason Clemons

Right yes "/support/scp/index.php" is the admin area if I manually type it into the url. But does yours detect that your forum account is admin so it auto brings it to the "/support/scp/index.php" area? because mine isnt doing that it is bringing me to just "/support/index.php"
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Fustrate

Try replacing allowedTo('admin_forum') with $user_info['is_admin']
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

H

You might also want to take a look at: http://www.accord5.com/trellis

Nicer than osticket IMO
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Fustrate

That one looks absolutely delicious. I might have to give it a try when I get home from work :)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Quote from: H on May 15, 2009, 03:35:29 PM
You might also want to take a look at: http://www.accord5.com/trellis

Nicer than osticket IMO

That does look nice I could always try it and test it out. But if i like it would I add the button the same way as JBlaze helped me with just change the url /support/index.php to whatever this new one is?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

QuoteYou might also want to take a look at: http://www.accord5.com/trellis

Nicer than osticket IMO

Yup got it working even with the support button idea JBlaze showed me. Thanks Guys
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Advertisement: