SMF-Bridge 3.02 Fixes and Mods Released !!!

Started by cowboy1015, March 21, 2005, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

Quote from: janoss on March 23, 2005, 11:10:21 PM
How do you prevent users from bypassing the main Mambo portal and going right to the SMF forums?

Problem I have is that if a user puts in the http://cyclesolutions.net/forums they bypaa the Mambo portal and get the SMF forums without the Mambo template. Did I miss a configuration README somewhere on this?

At your website - Polls section "Which Brand of Motorcycle do you ride?" you forgot MV Agusta

janoss

Quote from: chadness on March 23, 2005, 11:35:40 PM
Quote from: janoss on March 23, 2005, 11:10:21 PM
How do you prevent users from bypassing the main Mambo portal and going right to the SMF forums?

Problem I have is that if a user puts in the http://cyclesolutions.net/forums [nofollow] they bypaa the Mambo portal and get the SMF forums without the Mambo template. Did I miss a configuration README somewhere on this?
Go to index.php of your SMF installation and put this at the top (underneath the comments):

if (strpos($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], 'dlattach') === false)
{
defined('_VALID_MOS') or die('Direct Access to this location is not allowed.');
}

Thank you.

I will add the MV Agusta...  Now I have to learn how to create a mambo theme for my site. This sure beats java programming.

spyzer

Hello,

I just Installed Mambo 4.5.2
It is using the same database as my SMF 1.0.2.

Per the hxxp:www.mambohacks.com/content/view/28/ [nonactive] mambohacks instructions, I installed MamboSmfIntegration 1.1 -  mambo smf component, smf module, and added the SMFMamboMod via the SMF Package Manager. No errors on installation or loading the component, modules, and package.

But when I change the configuration of "mambo-smf" component and I save the page is reloaded with the default values and when I look in the file "/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php" here the contents :

<?php
global $smf_path$existing_smf$smf_prefix$mos_prefix$wrapped$agreement_required$im$registration_agreement;
$smf_path "";
$existing_smf "";
$mos_prefix "mos_";
$smf_prefix "smf_";
$wrapped 1;
$agreement_required "on";
$im "";
$registration_agreement "You agree, through your use of this forum.....";
?>

the configuration page don't save info

chadness

Hmmm...his version might be buggy.  Try manually editing that file.

Kindred

I believe this was reported on the mambohacks forum...

but you might want to confirm that config.smf.php is writable...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Goosemoose

I'm a bit confused here. Has Ortiso stopped development of this bridge? If not, this was a public project over at mambforge and you can just ask Ortiso to join the team. I think this is adding way too much confusion to have 2 versions going at once. I also know that being a mod developer myself it makes things a huge pain.  I would suggest that you talk to Ortiso to work what you have fixed into his version and remove your special copy from your site.

Kindred

hmmm....   I haven't heard much form Orstio, lately...   

He may have had an attack of "life".

Orstio... you still around?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jorgen

Quote from: goosemoose on March 24, 2005, 01:19:01 PM
I'm a bit confused here. Has Ortiso stopped development of this bridge? If not, this was a public project over at mambforge and you can just ask Ortiso to join the team. I think this is adding way too much confusion to have 2 versions going at once. I also know that being a mod developer myself it makes things a huge pain.  I would suggest that you talk to Ortiso to work what you have fixed into his version and remove your special copy from your site.

I feel exactly the same. it is easier to handle one version of the bridge.

It seems like Orstio have not read mails lately, or is not interested in more developers:
http://mamboforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=7303&forum_id=4340

Maintaining a fork like this must be a nightmare. What to do when the main project develops? Should the forked project then reapply all special fixes/tweaks, or be stuck at 3.02 and develop further independently of the main project?

Anyway, I'm sticking to Orsto's bridge, which I'm having great success with (not running SEF). 

Goosemoose

I am trying this version out but it is having a problem saving the config file, even at 777. What is the value for the checked box? I am trying to do it manually but it's not taking "true" , or "1" or 1.

[Unknown]

Orstio has had life hit him a bit.  He's told me he'll be back and about in a while, so don't discount him yet!

-[Unknown]

cowboy1015

Quote from: goosemoose on March 24, 2005, 01:19:01 PM

If you missed my earlier post. All the changes/fixes I did for SMF-Bridge are suppose to be for my "personal use". I just can't wait for it to be fixed, so I fixed it myself. I just made it public when people asked me how I fixed it. And before I posted it to MamboForge, I did ask Orstio about his plans for my work, and that maybe I can just join his team. He has not responded til today. He said, "life is busy, and he has not really looked at my work".

All the code has changed since SMF-Bridge 3.02.  I'm just making it available to the public as part of GNU-GPL angreement. And I just don't understand on what could be the confusion. I already changed the name of my release so noone will be confused. But of course, I give Orstio credit for the initial implementation. Existing users of SMF-Bridge don't need to use this version.  It's just really up to Orstio if he wants to take this version and continue his work.

But I mean, isn't great that there's another effort that will really speed things up?  Not to mention it brings new users to the SMF community?

http://www.i-vibe.com - The Internet Vibe (Personal)
http://www.mambohacks.com - All hacks for Mambo! now Integrated w/ SMF almost flawlessly!
http://www.mamboserve.com - MamboHacks preferred hosting

trenchteam

cowboy! Thanks man! I had issues as well. this solved them all! ;D

cowboy1015

Quote from: trenchteam on March 25, 2005, 05:53:58 AM
cowboy! Thanks man! I had issues as well. this solved them all! ;D

Thank you trenchteam! This kind of word gives me more encouragement and peace that I did something right for the community.
http://www.i-vibe.com - The Internet Vibe (Personal)
http://www.mambohacks.com - All hacks for Mambo! now Integrated w/ SMF almost flawlessly!
http://www.mamboserve.com - MamboHacks preferred hosting

Goosemoose

Cowboy, I'm not attacking you. I think what you are doing is great for the community, and I'm sure Ortiso will be happy to have someone else on the development team. I was just suggested you try to make contact with him as much as possible to try and merge things into one version.

Goosemoose

You also might want to change the file back to show 1.0.2 or something other than 1.0.2 for Mambo because now mods that are for specific versions won't install.

Orstio

QuoteYou also might want to change the file back to show 1.0.2 or something other than 1.0.2 for Mambo because now mods that are for specific versions won't install.

Actually, that was added into the bridge (by me) for troubleshooting.  It gives me an indication of how far into an installation somebody is should they ask for help.

Once you have everything installed and working correctly, click the link in the config, and the version should update to the actual version you have installed.  This will help when SMF releases fixes and upgrades, because people will be able to just click the update link, and the bridge will be updated to the newly-installed version of SMF, with no need for a bridge update as well.

Aravot

Installed Mambo and SMF using cowboy1015 's Mambo-SMF Integration v1.1a beta bridge without any problem, however I want to use SMF's registration (have custom fields) instead of Mambo's, how to do that.

Orstio

QuoteInstalled Mambo and SMF using cowboy1015 's Mambo-SMF Integration v1.1a beta bridge without any problem, however I want to use SMF's registration (have custom fields) instead of Mambo's, how to do that.

That would be why the registration and the main component should probably be left as separate components.  Some people want to use the wrapped forum, but not the registration, and others don't want the forum integrated at all except for the registration.

Aravot

What is the solution use SMF-Bridge 3.02 instead of Mambo-SMF Integration v1.1a?

Advertisement: