[Theme] Cerberus (SMF 1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, March 21, 2005, 03:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atcair

Ok, I'm just stupid.  No pspell installed....sorry to waste your time.

Thanks

1948Pal

I am trying this theme because I like the dark look to it and the nice design, I also love the idea of the htmlbox, I think its great. But, I am trying to add a graphic(picture) stretched across the top the same width as the board, but it causes the whole board to shift to the right, making the user have to scroll the browser sideways.
Tried changing the width of the picture of course, which shrinks it but not the board, I also tried enclosing the picture withen a <tr><td> without good results. Link to the test forum. tester/tester is the test account.
Any suggestions?
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

1948Pal

"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

mflintjer

Weapon X

Hey Bloc:

I use this theme among others and love it but I put a HTML code in the HTML box that took down the theme!!!  :o
I have other themes and was able to get into my forum by changing my theme setting in myphp.......but the theme only shows what the HTML code is linked to if they are using Cerebus.

My question..........where can I get into where I can remove the HTML code I added and re-activate the theme???
I am guessing all I have to do is find where the added code is stored, remove it, and the theme should work again???
All my other themes are fine.....but Cerebus only shows The top banner and the image/box the HTML I added links to....all else is black not buttons, no links......nada???  :o

Can you help me out or do I have to delete the theme and start again ?????

Thanks

bloc

If you simply change these lines in index.template.php:

if(isset($settings['topbar']) && !empty($settings['topbar'])){
               echo '<div class="mybox" style="text-align: ', isset($settings['topbaralign']) ? $settings['topbaralign'] : 'left' ,';">'.$settings['topbar'].'</div>';
       }

to this:

/*
       if(isset($settings['topbar']) && !empty($settings['topbar'])){
               echo '<div class="mybox" style="text-align: ', isset($settings['topbaralign']) ? $settings['topbaralign'] : 'left' ,';">'.$settings['topbar'].'</div>';
       }
*/

then you can get in and change the code. Afyerwards just revert back again to make it work again.

Weapon X

Thanks......will do.......... ;)

EDIT: That did the trick..........thanks So Friggen Much!!!!!  8)

unknown-error

Can you tell me how to get the buttons of this theme to work?

bloc

How do you mean? Are you using the correct version of cerberus? if you are using custom buttons - are the code correct?

I need more information to give an answer to that.

unknown-error

I installed the theme obviously correctly yesterday(from the file that was linked in this topic), but the buttons did not work. I must also say I'm a big bloody N00B in this case   ;D

EDIT: Solved problem. Installed german button set.

Celtland

I know it's probably down on your list a bit, Bloc, since you have more popular themes here... but will you be releasing an RC2 version of Cerberus?
Is maith an scáthán súil carad.

A friends eye is a good mirror.

bloc

Yes, i will. I will do all my themes this week.

Celtland

Is maith an scáthán súil carad.

A friends eye is a good mirror.

bloc

updated to work with SMF1.1RC2. See first post for download link.

Grizz

Thanks for the update Bloc!

I have been using the previous version and found the way to turn off the post count shown under the username, unfortunately it doesn't work with your RC2 release. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

bloc

Maybe just remove the counter from the template? In Display.template search for "post count".

Grizz

I get no results for that search.

Previously I found;

// Show how many posts they have made.
   echo '
                     ', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '<br />
                    <br />';

And changed it to this;

// Show how many posts they have made.
// echo '
// ', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '<br />
// <br />';

This has worked for all versions including the new default theme, but it does not work with your latest release.

bloc

Hm..I think this maybe due to the fact that Cerberus does not use Display.template for its own in RC2. Have you modified default theme with it then?

Grizz

Yes and the default RC2 theme works with the change I showed in the post above. I have tried setting Cerberus as the default theme and as selectable but either way it still displays the postcount.

bloc

Was this an upgrade of Cerberus theme - or a brand new install of the theme?

Advertisement: