Custom Picture in forum header

Started by dkitchen, May 21, 2009, 01:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z3us

Quote from: St. Kat on February 27, 2010, 04:58:09 PM
Why not make it a gif, with a transparent background?

It won't need to fit, then. Unless it's a graphic, rather than text...
Its a unfinished graphic, transparency is not possible. Any help would be welcome

Snogmarr

[/quote]
Its a unfinished graphic, transparency is not possible. Any help would be welcome
[/quote]

This may sound stupid but why not finish it then make it transparent?

z3us

Its a photo, not simple words. I cant use transparency, and I want it to fill the whole width of the header

kat

Result!

Heaven knows why the code I put threw up that error, though.

Weird.

tfs

Quote from: xnathansxdadx on February 27, 2010, 07:08:57 PM
I THink My New Banner Is Brill

It's a beautiful banner, but it's 5 1/2 megs!  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Snogmarr

Thanks tfs, that s kind to say!

but that's because of all the animated graphics. if i strip them out its only 130k,, the fireworks graphics alone are 2.5 meg, then theres the hearts and searchlights etc.

thesorceress

Thanks St. Kat for the help i'm so much further than i was. I just keep on trying with my banner till it's right.  ;)

z3zus, i think we have kind of the same problem.
What is the width of the banner you're using on the picture?

thesorceress

Thanks for replying z3us  :) i hope we'll figure this out somehow.
Good luck  :)

TbChampions

Quote from: z3us on February 27, 2010, 12:36:34 PM
I will explain here my problem.
I want my image to fill the gaps that I point at with red arrows in the attached SS, so the image matchs the whole width of my forum (not the dark blue background)
I attach my index.template too, the name of the image is logo1.jpg
Thanks

I have the same issue -- I don't want my forum to extend beyond the width of my banner, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to take out the padding (I assume) that is making this happen.  I've set my forum to be the width of my banner, and taken out the only padding that seemed possible in my css file, but that only took out some padding from the top. 

I just want a nice, straight, clean forum that extends perfectly down on both sides from my banner image. 

If anyone can help, it'd be most appreciated.  By the way, I'm running 2.0 RC2.

Advertisement: