News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error with Package Manager

Started by Verso, May 21, 2009, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verso

Whenever I try and upload mods via the package manager I get the following...........

An Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

Mqaximo

Is the same for me... i tryed to upgrade smf RC1 to RC1-1 but it doesn't go...

IACS_CM

Hi,

I had the same issue, but when reading again It turned out to be my fault.

I downloaded the logs showing changes, not the actual upgrade file

HERE

Once I did that, it installed 99.9% trouble free. (only small issue was it did not change version number to RC1-1 at the foot of my forum, but otherwise it was fine.

Regards

Mqaximo

Great IACS_CM!!

I downloaded that file and put it in the Package directory, than i run package manager, it found it and it installed the package without ANY problem ;)

The version of the forum is correctly shown at the bottom of the forum, i needed just to refresh/view another page of the forum ;)

FX-FatCat

After 3 hours of changing file permissions and really getting severly pissed off, no matter what permissions I give the packages directory or the directories and files within it, I still get the same error every time I try to apply the patch.

Picture attached, any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Wayne

ATICE

Yeah, I have a similar problem actually... except for me.. I go to install... wait for a minute or 2 to load.. then says the usual.. 'IE can't display the webpage'....

I've even tried with Firefox Portable... like... wtf's going on?

GohighVoltage

I get the same:
An Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

------------------------------------

I follow the directions and create a directory and unzip everything into it,  but it still does not find it.

I am not able to upgrade to the latest RC1_1 and I have tried everything.

Help?

elgrand

FX-FatCat

Morning all

Is this topic in the wrong place or do none of the technical guys know how to fix this issue?

If it is in the wrong place, could one of the moderators PLEASE move it so that it gets some attention from the correct people and possibly a resolution, thanks.

Cheers
Wayne

ATICE

I think that no one knows how to fix either of our problems... I should've just stayed with 1.1.9... now I have to go back and re-do it.. dam it...

Verso

I fixed mine by removing ALL mods and reinstalling the default theme and all source files.

I then re-installed mods and everything works

FX-FatCat

Hi Verso

Thanks for the help, but in my case I have no mods installed at all, therefore the original problem as explained with a graphic in Reply #4 remains unresolved.

Cheers
Wayne

mrbones

I get the error the same as the first poster. I just tried to update manually and it didn't take. The upgrader kept saying my default theme files were outdated even though I deleted the folder and uploaded the one from the .zip patch file. I bailed out and uploaded the old files to revert back to RC1.

What do I do to update the forum?

philcross

I also have the same "empty" message.

I had mentioned it several threads ago and the only solution given by the "staff" on here is to manually install/change stuff.

Personally, if Package Manager cannot update this correctly then it shouldnt have been released until its sorted.

Are these things ever tested before being released?

diouxsie

I also have the same problem.

FX-FatCat

Until now I have been very happy with this software, but maybe this is the reason why it is still free?
Possibly it is time to switch to new software that I have to pay for and at least that way I can demand support and get timeous answers to my problems.
:( :-[ :(

nekokaitou

I finally got it to work by putting the zip file into the Packages directory - and not in a subdirectory - and creating a Packages/temp directory and then making sure the web server user had write access to it and all the files it said it would update.

mrbones

Did you unzip it or and put it in the /temp dir or just put the zip file there?

nekokaitou

Just put the zip file into the Packages directory.  You also need a temp directory under Packages that your web server has write access to.

mrbones

Ok, I did that but it's not seen by the Browse Packages section. ??

Also did this, too:

But again, not automatically found by SMF.

Advertisement: