News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Permissions Problem

Started by Look-ass, September 06, 2009, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-ass

Hello to all,
I seem to have a problem with the permissions of my files.
every time I try to install something by a web-install an error comes up saying things like:
QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!
in this case I have checked every single file in the Packages directory and they are all writeable :/

Any ideas on how to solve this?

sAce

do you have a "temp/tmp" writable directory in packages dir ? is you package dir writable?

you can reset permission from acp - packages - options

Look-ass

Quotedo you have a "temp/tmp" writable directory in packages dir ?
yes

Quoteis you package dir writable?
yes

Quoteyou can reset permission from acp - packages - options

I don't seem to have that option :S

heres a pic of that section:

wboswell

I get this error all the time.  I have to go into my control panel and use one of their fancy file manager programs, right click on the file or folder and change the permission to RW.  This has to be done outside of SMF as far as I know.

Look-ass

EDIT:

The "working" period didn't last...
I have installed simpleportal, but it appears to be corrupted..

this is what I get:

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

sAce

Arantor

If this is still a problem, please list what mod you were trying to install and the full list of errors - not just the error itself.

That error is not a permissions error but that your files were already modded in such a way that your new mod clashes.

Advertisement: