News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Turkish caracters shown as Question marsk????

Started by Twenty6, May 22, 2009, 07:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twenty6

Hello,

I have a big problem here i have tried everything searched the whole forum, but i couldnt find anny solution.

In the main forum everything is ok, characters are shown good.
ON my index page (not the main page of the forum) i have included SSI to show the newest topics.
in this include it shows question marks by the turkish characters.
But i have also a footer on that main page that is not included, and the turkish caracters of that footer shows good.

I know there is something wrong with the include of SSI but i cant find the problem.

JBlaze

Can you attach your index.php from your main page so I can take a look?

When you include SSI, make sure that the path is correct.

Try
if(file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/{forum_directory}/SSI.php'))
    require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/{forum_directory}/SSI.php')

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Twenty6

@JBlaze sorry but where need i put that piece of code ???
I think the path is correct because i see the newest post but when it includes a turkish character like: ü,ç,ğ,ı ......  it shows like this: �
(then it shows this word: Gösterisi like this: G�sterisi)

Twenty6

JBlaze

Can you attach the index page for the main site where you are including SSI?

It may be a wrong encoding with the <DOCUMENT TYPE>
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Twenty6

this is the page where i include the SSI but this page is also inlcuded in the main page of thw whole site i have included that page:
The page with SSI:
indexforum.php:
<div id="headerforum"></div>
<div id="indexforum">
<br />
<br />
<?php
require("template/forum/SSI.php"); 
ssi_recentTopics();
?>

</div>

But i dont think that there is somethin wrong with Doctype. I think sometrhing in the SSI page
Because the other turkish charachters on the main page are showing good but in that pages there's no link between the forum pages..

Twenty6

Dannii

What encoding does your database use? What encoding does your SSI.php page use?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Twenty6

Database: utf8_turkish_ci <--- do you mean this ???
SSI.php:  i don't know where can i see that ?? i don't see anything that shows any encoding??

But by my Database everything was: latin1_swedish_ci i changed all in utf8_turkish_ci but no luck>.

Dannii

Twenty6

my site is not online i use WAMP for server.
And i cant give my ip here because i use wireless network. if you go to that ip than you will see my wireles adaptar (like login and password).

Dannii

Well if you view the page info in firefox it will tell you what encoding the page has.

Twenty6

Twenty6

I think the problem is in the SSI.php.
But i can;t fgure it out >????
This is realy annoying. :-[

Dannii

Sorry but it's hard to help without the pages being online.

Twenty6

if my page is online im sure than you cannot ind the problem by surfing om my website

Why is this problem happening to my is it because i use too much Includes???
example ihave in index include : headlines.php, headlines.php includes ssi.php ???
Can this be the problem ????

PS: i can make a screenshot if that helps ????

Dannii

Screenshots will be completely useless. This is an encodings issue, and you can't tell that from screenshots! If you won't put it online, then check the encodings of everything, all the webpages, the database, tables and rows, all of the individual php files...

Twenty6

ok. wich encoding code do i need to put on the pages ?

Dannii

Any you like as long as they are all exactly the same.

Advertisement: