News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Dual Language Forum

Started by sudo, May 22, 2009, 02:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudo

Hello,
I was wondering if its possible to run SMF in two languages: Russian by default and in English if users choose? An example of what I mean would be hxxp:www.russia0.ru [nonactive] Thank you.

fals

/index.php?action=featuresettings
You can set setting: "Enable user-selectable language support"

/index.php?action=serversettings
You can set default language

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

krishma

I integrated japanese language in SMF and placed 2 images for two languages so that when i click english i get in english and sme for japanese.but my problem is i want to set default page as english and when logout redirect to the login page with english language even if before logout the language selected was japanese.Can anybody help me out for this??

Akyhne

If your forum is set to use English as default, you then also set your guests to use English. When people then log in, they should have their own choice of language, depending of their personal settings.

krishma

Thank you...And can you please help me out with setting guests to english..

Akyhne

When you choose English as standard of the forum in your admin panel, guests will see the forum in English.

krishma

ok..Ihave done that..My default language is set to english.Though, when i choose language as japanese and then logout the redirected page is in japanese and not in English.Also when i close the forum page selecting japanese language and reopen it then it doesnot appear in english.I dont know what is the problem with is??I would be grateful if you can help me with this.

Akyhne

Quote from: krishma on June 21, 2009, 05:05:05 AM
ok..Ihave done that..My default language is set to english.Though, when i choose language as japanese and then logout the redirected page is in japanese and not in English.Also when i close the forum page selecting japanese language and reopen it then it doesnot appear in english.I dont know what is the problem with is??I would be grateful if you can help me with this.

Are you sure this is not a browser issue? Try updating your browsers cache by pressing F5 (in most browsers) after you logged out.

krishma

I dont know what issue is this.It [nofollow] is not working when i refresh page clicking f5 after logout as well

Akyhne

What happened to your forum copyright?

krishma

I dont know...What issue is this??

Akyhne

That I can't help you when you are not having the copyright in your forum. You are then breaking the agreement of using SMF.

krishma

I am not understanding about the copyright matter.

Akyhne

You need to have the copyright shown in your forum like we have here in this forum:

Something similar to this depending on your forum version: