News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post History

Started by niko, May 23, 2009, 01:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niko

Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Snogmarr

quick question if you dont mind

Am getting an error saying
feature_posthistory.png missing..
Have looked in the zip file and its not there
so is this to do with your mod?
Thanks

dakpluto

Snogmarr

niko

0.3 Released with RC3 support!
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)

drhamza

thank you very much, beautiful mod, and i see you've developed a lot of stuff, good work

what table this mod depends on? arabic characters appear as questions marks and i need to convert it to utf-8 general

Bugo

Please add russian translation. Files in attachments.

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: Niko on March 13, 2010, 02:52:53 PM

Getting white pages for some comparisons. Haven't been able to pin down a reason, though. Nothing in the error logs when it happens.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

TurtleKicker

Awesome mod, can't wait to try this out on my test forum.

While it might be beyond the scope of this mod, does anyone know of a way to extend the functionality to deleted posts? That way, I could let users remove their own posts completely but still have a log of what was there before.

It doesn't have to be elegant. Even if it was something like a hidden "Recycle bin" board that all posts deleted by anyone other than an admin get moved to.

TurtleKicker

Update:

After installing this mod (SMF2 RC3), I get the following error when trying to Modify a post:

Database Error
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /********/Sources/Post.php
Line: 730

Kolya

I installed the mod and it works flawlessly, but I would like to see 2 more features:

- add a permission to delete history items (eg by moderators)
- add a setting that allows to disregard edits which have been made within the grace period (Courtesy edit wait time)

Good work Niko and very much needed on my forums, I sent a donation your way.

niko

Quote from: Bugo on March 13, 2010, 07:37:49 PM
Please add russian translation. Files in attachments.

Is this complete translation? I did not add prev as it was missing some new strings added in 0.3

Quote from: Kolya on March 15, 2010, 08:08:01 PM
I installed the mod and it works flawlessly, but I would like to see 2 more features:

- add a permission to delete history items (eg by moderators)
- add a setting that allows to disregard edits which have been made within the grace period (Courtesy edit wait time)

Good work Niko and very much needed on my forums, I sent a donation your way.

Very possible ideas

Quote from: sremick on March 15, 2010, 11:45:43 AM
Awesome mod, can't wait to try this out on my test forum.

While it might be beyond the scope of this mod, does anyone know of a way to extend the functionality to deleted posts? That way, I could let users remove their own posts completely but still have a log of what was there before.

It doesn't have to be elegant. Even if it was something like a hidden "Recycle bin" board that all posts deleted by anyone other than an admin get moved to.

Might happen in future. I have had plans to do this as separate mod.

Quote from: sremick on March 15, 2010, 12:09:09 PM
Update:

After installing this mod (SMF2 RC3), I get the following error when trying to Modify a post:

Database Error
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /********/Sources/Post.php
Line: 730

Quote from: drhamza on March 13, 2010, 04:52:08 PM
thank you very much, beautiful mod, and i see you've developed a lot of stuff, good work

what table this mod depends on? arabic characters appear as questions marks and i need to convert it to utf-8 general

smf_posts_history has wrong collation (ie latin or othet local encoding instead of utf8). To avoid this you should change database collation so every new one will get utf8 collation. (or otherway it's utf8 insted of whatever is your local encoding). This has been reported as a bug to get pckage functions to ensure correct collation.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Niko on March 17, 2010, 01:27:47 PM
Might happen in future. I have had plans to do this as separate mod.
Actually, now that I look deeper into it, it looks like SMF already has this functionality built-in...? Or am I missing something? I tried it and it seems to work (for both individual posts and entire threads).

Quotesmf_posts_history has wrong collation (ie latin or othet local encoding instead of utf8). To avoid this you should change database collation so every new one will get utf8 collation. (or otherway it's utf8 insted of whatever is your local encoding). This has been reported as a bug to get pckage functions to ensure correct collation.
Well there's no "smf_posts_history" table but there is an "smf_messages_history"... is that what you meant? Anyhow, I'm still confused because both say "utf8"... smf_messages_history is "utf8_unicode_ci" at the moment, while some others are "utf8_general_ci".

Still not clear on what I need to do to fix this...

Kolya

Yeah, there already is a "Recycle bin" board function in SMF.

Here's one more suggestion for Post History:
When writing a post I would like to be able to set a bit in the [Additional Options...] that makes the history of this post visible for everyone.

That way I could show the history eg of a FAQ, to users who generally aren't allowed to see post histories.
And a user who gets accused of having edited out some important part of his post (it happens) could then retroactively set this bit and show the history of his post to anyone.

niko

Quote from: Kolya on March 17, 2010, 07:00:22 PM
Yeah, there already is a "Recycle bin" board function in SMF.

I think he meant like vbulletin has soft delete, posts history could be viewed from topic it was in.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Niko on March 18, 2010, 12:56:56 PM
I think he meant like vbulletin has soft delete, posts history could be viewed from topic it was in.

Not sure which "he" you're referring to, but for myself I think that the Recycle Bin function I now found in SMF is sufficient. :)

Anyway, still need help on the last part of my post:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=312474.msg2543632#msg2543632

Eliana Tamerin

Niko, miss this one? Or can't reproduce?

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 14, 2010, 02:49:20 PM

Getting white pages for some comparisons. Haven't been able to pin down a reason, though. Nothing in the error logs when it happens.

Download | Docs

Kolya

That happened to me too, just one time though, so I thought it was a network problem.

Eliana Tamerin

I can replicate it, I just can't consistently reproduce it. It seems tied to certain comparison combinations on my forum's posts.

Download | Docs

niko

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 18, 2010, 04:11:07 PM
Niko, miss this one? Or can't reproduce?

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 14, 2010, 02:49:20 PM

Haven't had time to try to reproduce

Advertisement: