News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HELP - Parse Error

Started by mattchewone, May 23, 2009, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattchewone

Just installed YAGAM through package manager although there are a few errors i intended to edit the ones it missed manually.

Now i have gotten this error message - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/matthew09/SMF/www/index.php on line 1

Here is the index.php anyone know what it could be??

Matt

Akyhne

Uninstall the mod again. Your file is missing a lot of line breaks.

Then ask your question here again: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=292270.0

mattchewone

I cannot get in to the forum as that is all i get. Is there another way to resolve this?

Matt

herohenson

Run in maintenance mode and it will fix your forum automatically..

Akyhne

Your index.php file is really screwed. You can manually create all the line breaks again, but it will then probably be impossible to install any mods in the future that requires to edit the index.php file.
If you don't have a lot of mods installed, I'd just replace the index.php with a clean file (original one). Then uninstall that mod again and say yes to continue uninstallation even there are error reportings about the index.php file.

Backup all files before attempting this!!!

mattchewone

I have a huge amounts of mods installed. The forum is currently in maintenance mode, well it was before i installed it and since then i cannot do anything on the site.

I dont really want to screw up the index.php or replace it.

Any other suggestions as i am unable to access the site.

Akyhne

There's only two ways: Edit your file or replace it.

Akyhne

Ok, here's your file. Took me one hour to fix it.

mattchewone

Hi Akyhne,

Thanks so very much!! I am sorry but i have just uploaded and am now getting this error - Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/matthew09/SMF/www/index.php on line 332

This is all that is on line 332 -       'credits' => array('Who.php', 'Credits'),

What is it that is creating these problems?

Akyhne

I really don't see any error in that area of the file.

Are you still not able to use the forum with that file? Or is it just an error in your error log?

mattchewone

Cannot use the forum at all.

Sorry for being such a huge pain.

Akyhne

Can you provide me full ftp and admin access in a pm?

mattchewone

Quote from: akyhne on May 24, 2009, 03:03:06 PM
Can you provide me full ftp and admin access in a pm?

Unfortunatly i am unable to due to it being on my dads server and he is very strict. I am lucky to have access myself :)

What is it you would like to see?

Akyhne

Then it's not eay to help you.

mattchewone

Sorry there is not much i can do. All i can do is provide you with files that you require to find the problem.

Sorry.

Akyhne

Try go into your MySql db and find the latest error. I'm sure the error is not in that script anymore, but in another file. Maybe the error log has something to tell.

mattchewone

Would you be able to help with how to find the error using phpmyadmin.

I have found the SMF_log_errors, i clicked on browse and it shows up 30 records but i am unsure if they are new or old errors.

Ive gone to the last of the errors and these i found that mentioned YAGAM -

- ?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=YAG...   2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stre...   a481edca8c87dc5618cb22fe5b351114   general   /xxxx/xxxx/SMF/www/Sources/Subs-Package.php   2424

- 8: Undefined variable: scriptur   a481edca8c87dc5618cb22fe5b351114   undefined_vars   /xxxx/xxxx/SMF/www/Themes/default/Packages.te...   208

- 8: Undefined variable: scriptur   a481edca8c87dc5618cb22fe5b351114   undefined_vars   /xxxx/xxxx/SMF/www/Themes/default/Packages.te...   208

Akyhne

You can sort on them to get the newest at the top.... just visit your forum, then go to phpMyadmin and see if errors are created. I'm not sure there are.

mattchewone

Quote from: akyhne on May 24, 2009, 03:53:32 PM
You can sort on them to get the newest at the top.... just visit your forum, then go to phpMyadmin and see if errors are created. I'm not sure there are.

Just waiting for my dad to put the site up as we have a maintance page up at the minute, what if there are no errors being created what could it be?

mattchewone

Not getting any errors when visiting the site

Advertisement: