News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Machines adds team dedicated to internationalization

Started by Compuart, May 24, 2009, 03:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmben

I am still translating the Chinese Simplified language in the future, for the pass 5 years of joining the translating team, it's funny and wonderful job.

Deaks

im abit slow but this is a great step forward and congrats to the new team members hopefully in time you will be able to help in making themes more international.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

JBlaze

Quote from: Gazmanafc on May 28, 2009, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: Gnoll on May 28, 2009, 05:11:04 PM
We are in the SMF Team

Wrong. The team is defined by the badges. If you have a coloured badge with the SMF logo in it, then you are part of the team. Just because you translate SMF into X, Y and Z language, report Q number of bugs or donate G amount of money doesn't put you on the team, but rather, ASSISTING the team.

Getting on the team is harder than that, I went through it (but I stepped down of my own choice), you have to put a lot of hard work into supporting fellow users, design stuff, code stuff, or in the case of the new internationalisation team, I'd say it'd be translating, but also assisting people with their own translations too, and also supporting people within the language boards.

Well, you just have to spam alot to get onto the Team :P

err... Support that is >:D
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

GravuTrad

Quote from: Runic on May 31, 2009, 05:52:08 PM
im abit slow but this is a great step forward and congrats to the new team members hopefully in time you will be able to help in making themes more international.

in which sense you would it could be done?
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

GravuTrad

On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Enc0der

Just wondering...
I saw that this forum (simplemachines.org) have a working RTL templates when choosing RTL languages (such as Hebrew).
However, it does not exist on the publicity available RC1.
Is there a way to download the current theme "snapshot", or I must wait for RC2 whenever that'll be ?

Gary

For the RTL language packs on SM.org, many are from previous releases of 2.0 so there are actually language strings missing or are in English. (most likely the latter)

As for the current snapshot, there isn't one. So the only option is to wait until RC2.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I am non-professional hindi writer :P .. dunno if i will be of any help in writing anything in Hindi for SMF.

Akyhne

We don't require you to be professional in any way. But we hope for some kind of level. As we don't speak the languages, we really can't check the level of the translators work.
For each language there is a team of translators. They are expected to communicate together not to spoil each others work.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I'll be able to help out then if needed. Were shall I start from?

Stallyon

Kris Bell
Dahulu Tim Penerjemah Bahasa Indonesia (Former Indonesian Translation Team)
stallyon@bigpond.com

Tidak menerima pesan pribadi (PM) jika tidak diminta (no unsolicited private messages)

Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.

Ben K

Thanks god, now i hope there would be FULL russian localization :)

Akyhne

Quote from: Ben K on June 08, 2009, 06:33:36 PM
Thanks god, now i hope there would be FULL russian localization :)
You can just sign up and help ;)

Ben K

just my day

hxxp:smf.in.th [nonactive] | Translator Team

Advertisement: