Simple Machines adds team dedicated to internationalization

Started by Compuart, May 24, 2009, 03:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvcnvn

I not sure that the Vietnamese is available. But if not I hope that we can open one team and one box for Vietnamese!

SMF is not so popularity like VBB or phpBB in Vietnam, but I think SMF is more convenient than VBB and phpBB, I hope that in the future SMF will become the most popularity in my country!

Akyhne

There is a vietnamese language pack available. However it is not fully translated. We have a few vietnamese translators, but we can always use more ;)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=258872.0

LeGaS

Will every translator get an Internationalizer badge? :) Or can we join to the group somehow?

Akyhne

Gary

Quote from: LeGaS on May 26, 2009, 04:29:22 PM
Will every translator get an Internationalizer badge? :) Or can we join to the group somehow?

Internationalisers are team members who oversee the language translations and other language related issues. Translators arent team members, which wont net them a badge. Many translators, but not all, are local moderators for their language.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

aldo

Great, the future of SMF only gets better and better :D

Trekkie101

Gary

SMF moves forward, not backward and twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

- Kang/Kodos as Clinton
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

candidosa2

Great, the future of SMF only gets better and better
that best forum...in the world

Apllicmz

Who has right of internationalized
because in my profile is not

GravuTrad

Quote from: joomlamz on May 26, 2009, 10:46:11 PM
Who has right of internationalized
because in my profile is not

You can see it in the team members page of the site.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Bancherd

Great news  :D

Besides translation which is the most obvious, perhaps some more efforts could be made to handle UTF-8 characters without strlen-problem.

HecKel

You don't need any badge to help SMF. I think SMF doen't need people with Status but people that works.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

roie

Thanks a lot for all your efforts, looking forward for the RTL versions

Antes

Quote from: Gazmanafc on May 26, 2009, 04:49:52 PM

Internationalisers are team members who oversee the language translations and other language related issues. Translators arent team members, which wont net them a badge. Many translators, but not all, are local moderators for their language.

i'm not agreed with you ... i'm accepting about no-badge QQs but We are in the SMF Team ... We're Helping the Community about Translating, you can say "All can make this" but we were choosed for that :)

one more question how can i became a "Internationalizer" ?
i must be php-master or mod-creator or both of :P

Gary

Quote from: Gnoll on May 28, 2009, 05:11:04 PM
We are in the SMF Team

Wrong. The team is defined by the badges. If you have a coloured badge with the SMF logo in it, then you are part of the team. Just because you translate SMF into X, Y and Z language, report Q number of bugs or donate G amount of money doesn't put you on the team, but rather, ASSISTING the team.

Getting on the team is harder than that, I went through it (but I stepped down of my own choice), you have to put a lot of hard work into supporting fellow users, design stuff, code stuff, or in the case of the new internationalisation team, I'd say it'd be translating, but also assisting people with their own translations too, and also supporting people within the language boards.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Nolt

Apllicmz

Advertisement: