News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Posts out of line

Started by snazster, June 17, 2009, 04:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snazster

I've just started a new forum using SMF 2 RC1-1 and am having one problem with my posts - they're out of line, having moved over to the right of the screen (see attached screen shot). 

Any ideas how I can fix this? 
We're all here to learn!

redsc

One member of mine had the same problem. it was due to her have a really old version of IE what version do you have ?

snazster

I have IE7, so I'm sure that's not the issue. 

I've tried updating files, but I might just go for reinstall unless someone comes up with another answer, or something I can try. 
We're all here to learn!

KensonPlays

Well, IE8 is out and free

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

snazster

thanks for that, but our network runs ie7 and I want to keep everything the same. Perhaps later. 

But that's not the problem here - smf 2 must run well on ie7 - i mean, it's not from the dark ages!  It must be something else. 
We're all here to learn!

KensonPlays

Do you know anything about IE8?

It has a feature called "Compatibility Mode" that makes it work so it looks proper... give it a try if you haven't!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

snazster

Ok, I've now checked firefox and found that it displays fine there. 

Is this an IE7 bug that I should report? 
We're all here to learn!

snazster

Because I'd added a couple of mods (one via url which I'd never done before), and uninstalling them didn't help, I reinstalled a fresh copy of 2.0 RC1-1files. 

This solved the problem, so I reckon it was something to do with one of the mods. 
We're all here to learn!

Advertisement: