News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF gold icons!

Started by A.M.A, August 04, 2003, 07:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.M.A

How about some gold icons that goes with the new smile set

Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

[Unknown]

They *do* need to be changed imho... but gold wouldn't fit, also imho.

-[Unknown]

charlottezweb

There are a few too many colors goin on right now...

A.M.A

my first thought was gray .. but many elements in here are gray, so I looked for some other colors and the first one that pups up was those cute smile set.
oh, and I remember a saying (I do not believe it ) gold and purple is the sign of wealth  ;D
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

silverdragon

Too many colors?  Purple and gray.

Anyhow, the folders should be the purple color we are using...  I have not the time to whip them up yet, so if someone else wants to make them go, that's cool.

-SD

mattsiegman

You can't have purple... That's YaBB 2's color right now :P
-- Matt Siegman

[Unknown]

Quote from: mattsiegman on August 04, 2003, 08:05:46 PM
You can't have purple... That's YaBB 2's color right now :P

*takes color*

Not anymore!! hahahahhahah!!!

-[Unknown]

mattsiegman

-- Matt Siegman

Aquilo

here is my shot at new folder icons for SMF  ;D

And the Flaming threads too, for when we get the mod working...

xx.gif off topic I know...

Overseer

Killer Possum

Your flam icons are pretty cool :)

alienine

they (flames) were used very near the original yabb.

A.M.A

Quote from: alienine on August 05, 2003, 06:32:35 AM
they (flames) were used very near the original yabb.
I've seen it in boardmod and used it back on yabbse!

I told you purple is the sign of wealth   :)

Winters

Mhm... the purple ones might go with my colors, which are midnightblue and darkslateblue...

JulesTM

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 04, 2003, 07:21:30 PM
They *do* need to be changed imho... but gold wouldn't fit, also imho.

-[Unknown]

Why not icons like this?

charlottezweb

Quote from: silverdragon on August 04, 2003, 08:01:37 PM
Too many colors?  Purple and gray.

There are different colors in all the graphics: purple, gray, red, yellow, green, blue white, etc...

I'm just picky, but I try to stick to 2-3 colors and do EVERY button using only that...  :)

Jason

silverdragon

Ignoring the icons, all the buttons are exactly the same.  Color, style, everything.  Not sure I understand what you mean.

charlottezweb

I guess I include smilies/icons & buttons when it comes down to the color scheme of a site...so if you are only counting menu buttons, then theme-wise they're all the same color (despite the graphics within them).  So I agree with you there.  I just approach it from the larger picture I guess.

Jason

silverdragon

Ok, three colors...

Smilies are yellow
Buttons are gray
Status alerts are grey and purple

All other elements of the page go with those colors.  Ignoring the smilies, the header bars are purple, the forum posts are gray, etc.  There are a few minor exceptions to this where we want to grab your attention.  The 'new' icons are red.  That's about it.

Keep in mind, the folder icons are not done, so you can't count those yet.  They will either be gray or purple.

-SD

Meriadoc

Quote from: Aquilo on August 05, 2003, 02:32:21 AM
here is my shot at new folder icons for SMF  ;D

And the Flaming threads too, for when we get the mod working...

xx.gif off topic I know...
I really like these images! very nice and go with the purple we've got. fits!

what's the Flaming mod? I use flaming as hot/very hot right now on my board rather than the exclam ones...
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Advertisement: