News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.3 released

Started by Owdy, March 25, 2005, 03:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Your SMF one, remember to overwrite old files.

megacelt

Since upgrading to 1.0.3, some odd things have happened to my instant messenger links.  The Yahoo symbol in the member list does not work, just displays a page of the little yahoo symbol.

On all views, pressing the AIM link results in getting a "aim is not a registered protocol" message.

[Unknown]

Quote from: megacelt on April 04, 2005, 06:29:08 PM
Since upgrading to 1.0.3, some odd things have happened to my instant messenger links.  The Yahoo symbol in the member list does not work, just displays a page of the little yahoo symbol.

On all views, pressing the AIM link results in getting a "aim is not a registered protocol" message.

Yahoo might be down; nothing changed with that.

You have to have aim *installed* for those links to work, guy ;).

-[Unknown]

tonest


troep

ok..so i upload those 1.0.3 files. than i need to run the upgrade.php...how do i do this? in the explorer or in my ftp program..sorry..dont get it..and will all my subjects in my forum stay?

tnx anyway

megacelt

Ah, of course for the AIM issue, however, not for Yahoo as several users have reported it as well for a few days.

Trekkie101

Quote from: troep on April 05, 2005, 04:54:49 AM
ok..so i upload those 1.0.3 files. than i need to run the upgrade.php...how do i do this? in the explorer or in my ftp program..sorry..dont get it..and will all my subjects in my forum stay?

tnx anyway

Run the page in your browser (explorer) and it will guide you through.

Also you may consider getting firefox, link in my signature, much better browser.  ;)

troep


kathologist

This is pretty embarassing, but I am not able to upgrade my smf
Currently at 1.0.2
I was able to upgrade easy enough last time, but I don't remember how I did it
I did try to find the help I needed here in the forum, but I can't seem to put it all together

I tried to upload the upgrade after downloading to my PC
The file transfer was all wacky-that is, the only way it would take the files is if I did them one at a time.
My ftp client is Fire FTP (FireFox extension)
That got so confused, I hosed my site
After restoring from a backup, I have a message that I did not remove all of 1.0.3

If some very patient nice person would give me a hand, that would be great
Feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

nokonium

#169
Quote from: nokonium on April 04, 2005, 02:26:30 AM
Arcade I expect, thanks [UNKNOWN]

It was caused by Arcade, uninstalling it still left the fault, in an arcade array, in the ManagePermissions file



[Unknown]

Quote from: kathologist on April 05, 2005, 04:59:16 PM
I tried to upload the upgrade after downloading to my PC
The file transfer was all wacky-that is, the only way it would take the files is if I did them one at a time.
My ftp client is Fire FTP (FireFox extension)
That got so confused, I hosed my site
After restoring from a backup, I have a message that I did not remove all of 1.0.3

If some very patient nice person would give me a hand, that would be great
Feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

Heh, it happens sometimes.  Have you considered trying a different FTP client, such as SmartFTP or FileZilla?

-[Unknown]

doctordhol

Hi,

Upgraded my forum no prroblems. Everything seems to be working alright, users ok, not reported anything.

Keep up the brilliant work guys and gals :)

jitspoe

Haha, was the "31337" topic id intentional or did that just happen by chance? (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=31337.0).  Either way, it's fitting. ;)

[Unknown]

Seriously, it just happened.  It's very funny, though.

-[Unknown]

megacelt

#174
Here is the difference in url output between the yahoo icon on a message:

http://messenger.yahoo.com/edit/send/?.target=theksman

and the url output from the member list:

http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=theksman&m=g&t=0

The latter results only in the yahoo icon being displayed in the browser window, nothing else.

Also, both are not generating a new browser window, so it takes them from the site. 

Finally, the http://messenger.yahoo.com/edit/send/?.target=theksman starts a new java instance of yahoo messenger, and if you already have messenger open, it fails.

I would really like to resolve this one as apparently my users really like this feature, as I am hearing from them about it not working :)

Jaso

great job guys.. i just updated mine :)

fac123

Whew!  Ok, I was terrified of upgrading.  I was still using 1.0.1 and being new to all of this, I wasn't sure what changes I had made.  I was using some mods and a different theme (which I did make changes to).  I couldn't recall if I'd ever made changes to the default template or not (though I was at least 70% sure I hadn't).  So, I held my breath and decided to try the upgrade via Package Manager.  First thing I noticed was that I was going to be upgrading to 1.0.2.  I thought about that for a few minutes and decided that must mean I needed to upgrade to it first, so I tried it.  Worked like a charm.  So...did the upgrade thing again, and sure enough, it now said I was going to be upgrading to 1.0.3.  So, I went for it, and lickety-split, the thing was done and working perfectly.  As far as I can tell, nothing went wrong with the mods either.  What a beautiful experience!  Thank you for such an easy upgrade!

jroehl

I've run into a problem where the package installer requests FTP information to make files writeable. It appears to fail with the credentials I supply. I could CHMOD the files myself if I knew which files are causing the problem. I do not know for certain where the procedure is failing, other than that I continue to see the screen asking for FTP credentials.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

gfaraj

All the pre-tests say Success, but when I proceed, I get this messge:

2: copy(/home/gamedev/public_html/changelog.txt~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/gamedev/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1285

I chmod everything to 777, and ran the fix_permissions.php tool, and still the same error.. Anything else I missed?

Thanks.

gfaraj

nevermind... i had to chmod to the public_html folder itself, to allow writing... thanks.

Advertisement: