News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.3 released

Started by Owdy, March 25, 2005, 03:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Heavy load I guess, just give it some time, my site does that now and again.

EG

updated in seconds... no probs :)

Mark_Breznay

http://www.americandragracing.com
http://www.sundayniagara.com
http://www.yorkus30.com
BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errors of omission create dumb questions.

Jazhawk

What is this display error about?  I never modified the default template so why is it happening?  I am not in the mood to reload my forum from scratch.

-Jazhawk

Michele

Updated my test Enigma/SMF site with Package Manager and it went without a hitch!  8)
Dubito ergo cogito ergo sum

dtm.exe

I'm happy to hear that the glitch with the reply notification has been fixed with this new version.  Keep up the good work :).

-Dan The Man

Kerux

eeeek

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected '$', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE or T_CONST in /XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/httpdocs/XXXX/Sources/Load.php on line 869
I am, I saw, I programmed.

Midgard

[Unknown]

Quote from: edchapman on March 31, 2005, 01:44:24 PM
I updated to 1.0.3 and noticed the forum was much slower. I thought it was just my server.
After it being slow all day now I looked more into it. Just the forum is slow. Other sites on the server are just fine.
What could be causing this?

Quote from: edchapman on March 31, 2005, 02:39:59 PM
Now I'm getting this error..
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

While every other page on that server is fine.

These two sound related.  SMF 1.0.3 shouldn't have any performance-related changes in it from 1.0.2, so you may wish to contact your host.  If you don't believe me, try downgrading.

Quote from: Jazhawk on March 31, 2005, 09:11:16 PM
What is this display error about?  I never modified the default template so why is it happening?  I am not in the mood to reload my forum from scratch.

-Jazhawk

You may be able to ignore it.  I really can't tell you what is causing it.

Quote from: Kerux on April 01, 2005, 01:39:08 AM
eeeek

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected '$', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE or T_CONST in /XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/httpdocs/XXXX/Sources/Load.php on line 869

Please try uploading Load.php again; if you don't know where to get it, get smf_1-0-3_upgrade.zip from the downloads page.

-[Unknown]

Kerux

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 01, 2005, 01:45:34 AM

Quote from: Kerux on April 01, 2005, 01:39:08 AM
eeeek

Please try uploading Load.php again; if you don't know where to get it, get smf_1-0-3_upgrade.zip from the downloads page.

-[Unknown]
I have done this... several times actually...

[Unknown]

What appears on line 869 of the file?  Are you certain you downloaded it and uploaded it completely properly?  Are you certain you're using OVERWRITE not RESUME?

-[Unknown]

Kerux

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 01, 2005, 02:07:33 AM
What appears on line 869 of the file?  Are you certain you downloaded it and uploaded it completely properly?  Are you certain you're using OVERWRITE not RESUME?

-[Unknown]

Quotefunction loadLanguage($template_name, $lang = '', $      = true)
yes and yes :)

[Unknown]

Quote from: Kerux on April 01, 2005, 02:27:01 AM
Quote from: [Unknown] on April 01, 2005, 02:07:33 AM

-[Unknown]

Quotefunction loadLanguage($template_name, $lang = '', $      = true)
yes and yes :)

Umm, that's wrong.  It should be:

function loadLanguage($template_name, $lang = '', $fatal = true)

This is what is in the downloads?

-[Unknown]

Kerux

function loadLanguage($template_name, $lang = '', $      = true)
is what I have.... somehow when I pasted it didnt paste properly

Kerux

eh everytime i hit post, "fatal" is removed...... hmmmm odd

[Unknown]

Are you playing an april fools' joke on me or something :P?

-[Unknown]

Kerux

no sir... i think it might be the software my wife installed to try to keep me honest about where i go on the internet...... it is filtering files when I upload them.....

I just looked at the uploaded file.... "fatal" isnt in there, just as when I pasted here and hit post.....
*oy* who knew a wife could cause so much chaos lol

[edit]Yup thats what it was.... I woke her up amd made her turn that thing off for a minute (password bypass) and then i re uploaded everything.... and now it works........ about time i figured out what it was...... now i can get some sleep before my partner calls and says I am late for work... *yawn*
Sorry for the confusion..... but at least now we know there is a known problem when trying to admin an SMF forum when Cybersitter version9 is actively running on a computer...... dont know how usefull that little tidbit will be, but its a known bug (not in SMF mind you but in that hideous Cybersitter program) now. *yawn* [/edit]

flapper

I go to package manager then click on download new packages then Upload a Package and then i choose smf_1-0-3_update.zip that i downloaded to my pc from downloads and then i click on Upload.

The file then starts to upload but after a bit i get this error

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. 

This happens on on my test forum as well

can anyone help me please

Thank you in advance

p.s. i have tested zip file and it is not corrupt

Trekkie101

Wrong package, theres some text on the opening page of the package manager, read it, theres a link to use in it.

Jazhawk

[Unknown]

I applied the patch on my test board and even with the error it looks ok.  I have one other board to do so I'll keep you posted on that one. 

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: