Previous topic - Next topic

kat

It's more complicated than I thought.

Still trying things out, though.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Kat on November 21, 2009, 11:59:22 AM
It's more complicated than I thought.

Still trying things out, though.

That's what makes it so interesting, no simple edits here lol..

If it were me figuring this out, I would just create a mod for it

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

kat

I'm not that clever, or I'd do the same.

Arantor

If someone can give me a valid reason why you'd do this for any site other than a warez one, I'll reconsider, how does that sound?

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2009, 12:38:18 PM
If someone can give me a valid reason why you'd do this for any site other than a warez one, I'll reconsider, how does that sound?

If the OP wants it for a warez site, IMHO this thread should be removed, and anything else he posts relating to needing things for his warez site should be removed.

Warez shouldn't be tolerated.

Arantor

Oh, he admitted as much, which is why I refused to do it.

He does have other forums though, so any requests could be for any of them. This request was quite specific though. Not going to delete the thread since it serves as a reminder that a number of the folks here do not and will not tolerate it.

Deleting the thread won't make it go away, simply brush it under the carpet.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2009, 12:43:13 PM
Oh, he admitted as much, which is why I refused to do it.

He does have other forums though, so any requests could be for any of them. This request was quite specific though. Not going to delete the thread since it serves as a reminder that a number of the folks here do not and will not tolerate it.

Deleting the thread won't make it go away, simply brush it under the carpet.

Very true.

I still think there should be specific rules, in the actually SMF terms, saying it cannot be used for a warez site.

Arantor

We can't enforce that, nor would we want to try.

All we can and will enforce is no linking to warez sites here, and many members find we will not support them in their sites.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Arantor on November 21, 2009, 12:46:46 PM
We can't enforce that, nor would we want to try.

All we can and will enforce is no linking to warez sites here, and many members find we will not support them in their sites.

It would be interesting to see the coding for this one, possibly instead of coding batch links, maybe coding batch email addresses?

That would have no purpose, and I would image the same issues as coding regular links.
The only problem is, I don't see any point to it

SMF 2.0 RC5

Rohan_

Quote from: sangwe11 on November 21, 2009, 12:41:23 PM

If the OP wants it for a warez site, IMHO this thread should be removed, and anything else he posts relating to needing things for his warez site should be removed.

Warez shouldn't be tolerated.

Very small thinking .. don't think for what i want the feature .. also think that it will add a new feature in SMF and make it more popular .. and if u wanna see then make a mod for this and see the responce there .. ok ?
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

I can tell you now, hand on heart, it will NEVER be a core feature.

As I said. Give me a valid reason why you'd do this (not "because it'd be popular" but an actual measurable benefit to users or admins) for non-warez sites and I'll reconsider.

Rohan_

to prevent phishing links or other things that users put in their posts .. when u have good traffic then users post links like this DOWNLOAD SMF and innocent users click on them .. some goes to rapidshare phishing and people login their premium accounts and get that hacked .. so thats why i say why not make a rule that post your links in using Code tags only .. no URL masking with text or anything .. posting links in code blocks never can show a bad link or make a mask in code block ..  a code block only shows the text what is entered there ... there are some other reasons too .. so that's why i want this feature .. don't think its a need for warez specially .. this feature can help us in other ways . i hope u understand this and do something for me ........ THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

You realise you could prevent masking by just removing the code that allows them to use [url=...], don't you?

Also, that's what moderation is for.

And actually, a code block does a lot more than show what's there, and also it has a few bugs where it eats some characters.

Rohan_

i know i know .. there are some more reasons too for this .. and we can prevent masking by other ways too but this will be the new feature and make easy .. there are more work too than moderating for just removing bad links .. this will be very useful i really need this .. Please arantor its nothing for you .. u can do it in minutes . Please do it for me as a Big BRO ..
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Quote from: Rohan_ on November 22, 2009, 03:02:34 AM
u can do it in minutes

As I told you a NUMBER of times this isn't a few-minutes job. This is a several-hour job, and I'm still not convinced.

If you can remove the ability of people to cloak links (which IS a few minutes work), why else is anything further needed? To be honest I'm still not convinced.

Rohan_

i think i cannot convince you .. i have requested too many times .. Please understand . do it please .. i will not disturb you again ever .. this will be my last request .. Please this is the last request i am requesting ..
Proud To Be An Indian

kat

Why not just make it a rule of your forum and ban anyone who disobeys?

Maybe a link to your forum would convince Arantor...?

Rohan_

how much people do we ban ? banning people is bad thing and our forum get bad respect .. this is our need we want the links in code so this is not a user's fault we need to give this feature ... i say again .. PLEASE
Proud To Be An Indian

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Rohan_ on November 22, 2009, 08:14:54 AM
how much people do we ban ? banning people is bad thing and our forum get bad respect .. this is our need we want the links in code so this is not a user's fault we need to give this feature ... i say again .. PLEASE

Arantor is a good coder and will practically try to do anything you ask, but only where he see's potential and proper use, your excuse for using "code batch links" has only one practical use, which is masking the links, however as Arantor has said, you could just remove the URL BBC.

He will do this for you, if you can think of a reason other than coding warez links, it would take him a day, 2 most.

There are several reasons why this could be a good feature, but you will need to figure that out and convince Arantor that he is not supporting a warez site while creating this mod/giving you code changes.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Rohan_

ahhh forget warez .. remember SMF .. we are making something for SMF not specially for a single warez site
Proud To Be An Indian

Advertisement: