News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Automatically Code a Link

Started by Rohan_, May 29, 2009, 05:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Yes, and I still can't see the general benefit to the average forum admin. I've been on this board 7 months now, tracking many kinds of mod requests.

I have only seen coding links requested by two people, and both for warez sites. I don't see the use in a non-warez site - at all.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on November 22, 2009, 02:09:55 PM
Yes, and I still can't see the general benefit to the average forum admin. I've been on this board 7 months now, tracking many kinds of mod requests.

I have only seen coding links requested by two people, and both for warez sites. I don't see the use in a non-warez site - at all.

Actually, I can see a use for this outside of warez.

I run a mapping / modding site for the cod series, and we only allow registered users to access our download section (where we have all our maps / mods)

However, we get some people who upload to places like rapidshare and megeupload, as they get a faster upload or something. This is annoying, as admins / mods have to download them, reupload them to our download section, and change the link.

If we could have something like this, it would help us.

Arantor

I'm not sure how that would. You'd still have to change the link.

sangwe11

Quote from: Arantor on November 22, 2009, 02:53:55 PM
I'm not sure how that would. You'd still have to change the link.

Well we get them to code the link as it is, so it would only show if they weren't a guest.

I can quite easily make another BBC for this, such as [download][/download] (actually, OP, this might be a better solution!) but I was just saying there is other uses.

Arantor

If you want to hide from guests, use the Registered Links mod.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

hmmm coding "things, links" also offers presentation, it does look like a cleaner post where many links, or other batch's of text is.

Similar to quoting, I mean what looks better, using quote BBC or just tying the previous post.

I would thing Auto coding links would have a presentation purpose only, although it would mask the link(s) at the same time.

As an Admin, I can see the potential in masking links, but only because I hate posts with live links inside, people with slow internet get slow loading scrips, and one thing I hate is accidentally clicking a link because the script finally loaded right before I click something else and the whole page moved, if links were masked they would not be live links so no accidental navigating away from the page.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Arantor

This thread already has how to turn a single link into a block of code, in fact.

I'm just not doing the extra part of it that merges several of them together.

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Rohan_ on November 22, 2009, 04:50:15 PM
Do It :)

The code for that "single link" is already here, you can use that for single links.

I'm just not doing the extra part of it that merges several of them together.
That's what you essentially need though.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Rohan_

but i didn't do anything wrong .. i am just requesting like just everyone can do here .. its SMF's official site but if u don't like my requests or anything then ok i will never ever request anything again here ...

and if u feel Happy to Ban me then Do this .. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Proud To Be An Indian

Joshua Dickerson

It's not the request that is irking me. It is your incessant badgering and bumping of this topic. After someone has said that they aren't going to fulfill your request you need to stop asking them. It is beyond annoying. So, with that said, learn to do it, pay someone to do it, or like everyone else, wait peacefully for someone to do it.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Rohan_

i am waiting from may 29 2009 ... anyways groundup Thanks For Your Suggestion
Proud To Be An Indian

Advertisement: