News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quoting problem

Started by berlyn3014, May 29, 2009, 11:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berlyn3014

I posted this in another section and it was mentioned it might help if i post it here.

--------------------------

Some members of our forum can use the quote feature, but for the rest of us it just sits there and says loading.

we are using a different theme than the Core default but I switched it to that and it still just sits there.

I use Explorer for my browser but also have Google chrome on my computer and it is the same thing with both browsers.

Any clue how to fix this. It is something we are needing to get fixed.

---------------------------

we are using version SMF 1.1.9
and this is the link to our forum.

http://www.latenightsports.smfnew.com/index.php [nofollow]

Yigal

When have you noticed the problem occuring?
You could also try using Mozilla?  See if it works on that browser.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

berlyn3014

We started our forum on May 18th and noticed it within the first few days.

I haven't tried it on mozilla but i will ask the others.

We are looking for a group of people to join but they mostly have explorer and really want the quote box to work before they join.

Yigal

It could just be that their internet is slow ... try and see if it'll work with mozilla....thanks...
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support

berlyn3014

I just talked to one of our members that has Mozilla and they can't quote using that one either.

No reply on the internet connection by them, but I do know one of the admins has a fast connection and can't quote either.

berlyn3014

I have talked to 2 people that could get it to work.

One uses firefox and the other Safari.

One of the members that hasn't been able to get it to work has in the last 20 gotten it to kinda work but it is really slow to load for them and they have high speed dsl.

I still can't quote.

Yigal

Can you please tell me the modifications you've installed before this issue came to be?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

berlyn3014

The only things that have been installed since we go the forum is the arcade and the other admin changed the board default theme to Gold Night Betav2.

I think the quote thing was messed up before the arcade was added.

Yigal

Try uninstalling the arcade?  I don't think that would have to do with anything.  See if the default theme works...
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Rumboogy

I would say there is still a problem. I have the same issue when SOME members try to post...it just locks up and says loading all the time. I don't use the arcade mod.

I thought it might have something to do with nesting, so I turned that off...but again, SOME members still are having problems. Myself, I don't have any problems at home or work and my work computer still uses the PRIMITIVE IE 6.

But there is some ISSUE going on to cause this...I also noticed it when upgrading to 1.19. By the way, my site ONLY uses the default theme.

Wally

Yigal

Has the issue been resolved?
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

Rumboogy

I don't think it has...

And while I can quote fine on my site...I get the behavior that my members talk about when I do a PREVIEW of a reply...it hangs on "Fetching Preview".

Wally

Rumboogy

Here is a snapshot of my mods (and I use the default template on 1.19).

Rumboogy

My captcha during registration also quit working, so I do think it could be in the subs.php file...but I don't know how to remedy it...

I still think something has changed in SMF 1.19 to cause the subs.php to easily be corrupted.

Wally

Advertisement: