Urgent Problem with Database Connection Error

Started by nafseislam, June 07, 2009, 01:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nafseislam

Please help me my forum has been stopped.

the database connection error is coming out.

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

JBlaze

Have you tried repair_settings.php?
What is repair_settings.php?

Also, it could be on your hosts side. If repair_settings.php doesn' t solve it, ask your host if they are doing maintenance or if their SQL server is down.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

InstilledBee

This is more often than not a problem with your host. Usually a refresh solves the problem. If it happens frequently call your host for support.

Now if it happens every time you load the site, do what JBlaze said and try to repair the server settings with repair_settings.php.

;)
Kung Pinoy ka, at nababasa mo 'to, kabayan kita! ;)

Links:

chelseaphil

If I may use this thread too please.

I too have the same problem. Except my host is shutting down my database because they say it is causing slowdown issues on the shared server. The site is on one of my reseller packages that I pay for with the host server.

They told me this:
We noticed that the database ******** was using excess resources and thereby affecting all the accounts hosted on the server. Hence we have disabled this database.
Please optimise your database so that it will not affect the other accounts hosted on the server.

-----------
There are about 3500 members but only ever about 30 -35 using it at any one time. The average is more like 20 - 25.  The only mods being used are the Ads mod, a different theme, a bump mod, and the quick reply.

Any ideas on optimizing?  I used the tool in the admin to optimize. Is there anything else I need to do?

by the way the database was created from the phpbb - SMF convert tool

Norv

I don't know about the possible conversion issues myself, but as far as SMF 1.1.4-1.1.9 database is concerned, and SMF software working with it, I should say that what the host told you is more likely ... how do I put this while being nice? *coughs* It's highly unlikely to have anything to do with the truth. Considering MySQL current performances and the current hosting packages and all, for shared servers like so many other users including myself. Even considering much more data than yours.
On another note, I think using this thread may not be a very good idea, since it is a support topic, and it is marked as "solved" (like you can see if you look at the board listing). Hence I suspect that the SMF support may not notice that we keep talking here about what is after all something else.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: