News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help me in this error of language

Started by nafseislam, June 06, 2009, 01:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nafseislam

Hello All...

Well im having problem in posting Urdu language support with default theme and English language.

when i write urdu or arabic it writes ok but when i post the topic it gives me error and it shows "???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"

When i copy and paste the Urdu contetnts using Quick Edit and then save the post then it shows fine.

please help me in this. Because i have seen many other forums they are using english language and using this support also.

help me.

Thanks

agridoc

It's quite probable that you have a pseudo-UTF8 installation, usually by Fantastico.

In Quick edit, in fact there is a bug, characters are saved as entities, so they show correct. I suppose if you edit the post normally and save the problem will be the same.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

nafseislam

yes you are right i installed that by Fantastico.

and i installed the fresh forum by using SimpleScripts and there its working fine.

Would you please help me. how to bring everything of old forum in the new forum.???

i tried to copied the database its done but when i tried to post it gives me the same problem as before after restoring the old databse to the new database?

Quote from: agridoc on June 06, 2009, 02:53:51 PM
It's quite probable that you have a pseudo-UTF8 installation, usually by Fantastico.

In Quick edit, in fact there is a bug, characters are saved as entities, so they show correct. I suppose if you edit the post normally and save the problem will be the same.

agridoc

For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

nafseislam

well i dont want to change the language of whole forum...

I installes the forum using Fantastico and in that forum im using default language English. I cant write URdu language but i tried to install the new forum at another place using SimpleScripts there is no any error it supports the lang what i want.

nafseislam

This is what i have a problem the file is attached.

i want to fix in the Fantastico installed. because i cant move change it and work on new installed how i will transfer the posts and everything????

agridoc

If you follow instructions in the posts you will be able to fix the Fantastico installation.

However it seems that your problem is different. You are asking how to move a SMF installation to another host. Read Saving/Restoring, and Moving SMF From a Host to Another.

nafseislam

Thanks its solvedafter lot of problems.....

Thanks alot dear

Advertisement: