News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

MySQL on Windows 2000 server

Started by alura, March 01, 2005, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRad

When I load the manager I can see the options, but it looks like they are autoconfigured and I can't change those values. =(

alura

Quote from: Radianation on March 13, 2005, 07:08:35 AM
When I load the manager I can see the options, but it looks like they are autoconfigured and I can't change those values. =(

If you are using mysqlAdministrator you have to click on the icon of the option that you need to change. However if you use mysql 4.1 [nofollow], it has a configuration tool that automatically adjust memory usage.

Also you can change settings by hand, editing the configuration file my.ini

NoRad

I am using 4.0.18-max-nt via TCP/IP and MySQL client version 5.0.0

In MySQL Administrator I click on the startup variables icon, and then I see under general parameters the memory usage, but it's ghosted out, along with nearly everything else on that tab.

I changed it in the my.ini file, but nothing happens with my actual memory usage in windows.

From the looks of this page, you can't really do much with the mySQL memory? Am I missing something?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/memory-use.html

alura

Quote from: Radianation on March 14, 2005, 04:09:40 AM
I am using 4.0.18-max-nt via TCP/IP and MySQL client version 5.0.0

In MySQL Administrator I click on the startup variables icon, and then I see under general parameters the memory usage, but it's ghosted out, along with nearly everything else on that tab.

Strange... it works different for me... I can change every parameter via mysql administrator. How large is your board ? Maybe 23 mbyte of memory is right for you. On my server win 512 mbyte of ram and a mysql data dir of 280 mbyte (14253 threads and 299878 posts) mysql eat about 40 mbyte and I think that, after a lot of test, its the best configuration for me. I've tried to enlarge buffers and cache (touching 120 mbyte of memory occupation) but without speed improvments (i've read that too large cache will slow mysql if you make a lot of differents queryes).

NoRad

Total Topics: 4148
Total Posts: 56689
Total Members: 1109

Sounds like I might be configured properly then.

Advertisement: