Problem uprgrading to RC1-1 Error mess...

Started by faithfulness, June 05, 2009, 12:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faithfulness

When I try to install the pack from admin I get this mess:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

"download the package" from where???

JBlaze

You can update to the latest version which includes the security patch by opening this topic and downloading the patch.

Additionally, if you run into an error on install, you can parse the manual install instructions. Just click on your respective version.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

faithfulness

Thanks for the help.. 

Just finding the Zip file was hard enough...  You guys are great but PLEASE put a download link next to every mentioning of "2.0RC1-1"   ;D

But still had a problem going through the upgrading process.  After FTPing I had no upgrade.php page to direct my browser to.  File did not exist.

So I went to my forum admin Uploaded the zip file in "Download Packages" tab.  Intalled Mod and everything's working fine.

Note: I returned all my chmod settings back to their previous...

JBlaze

Marking as solved seeing as the package did what it should :)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Advertisement: