News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Extra SSI Functions

Started by topleya, June 12, 2009, 09:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

reason i'm in this topic .. it has a bunch of ssi functions that need ... most don't work, so instead of me making a new topic i just posted in here..
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Kindred

why don't you please start a new topic describing exactly what you want in a single effort rather than dragging it out piecemeal?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aw06

Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2009, 12:34:35 PM
why don't you please start a new topic describing exactly what you want in a single effort rather than dragging it out piecemeal?

lol ... OK .. just that in the past when i use to do that mods use to always warm that i should seach and use existing topics ...

I'll make a new topic non-the-less
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Kindred

you SHOULD search existing topics...   but what you are asking for here in bits and pieces is way beyond the original thread...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aw06

Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2009, 12:51:07 PM
you SHOULD search existing topics...   but what you are asking for here in bits and pieces is way beyond the original thread...

original thread to me is misleading ,, many of the functions don't work  >:(

Arantor

So why didn't they work for you?

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on October 04, 2009, 12:54:05 PM
So why didn't they work for you?

beats me ... all the ones i posted and asked for help did not work .. they version you then advised me to use works perfectly

Sorck

topleya, Thanks for this as it's really helpful, I'm going to use this in order to create my website :)

Could you use this to echo the content of a specific post to a php page? (In order to create a basic system of articles on a website, do you understand me?)

Arantor

Colonel Sorck, you possibly could but in reality if you already know the post id, you'd likely be quicker just querying for it manually and pushing it to parse_bbc.

Depends on whether you're using 1.1 and 2.0 as well.

Sorck

Quote from: Arantor on October 10, 2009, 07:58:36 AM
Colonel Sorck, you possibly could but in reality if you already know the post id, you'd likely be quicker just querying for it manually and pushing it to parse_bbc.

I know the post ID(s) but no matter how much checking of PHP MyAdmin i do i still can't find the post database table, what is the table called that contains the posts? :-\

darrenbeige

Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 10, 2009, 03:25:20 PM

I know the post ID(s) but no matter how much checking of PHP MyAdmin i do i still can't find the post database table, what is the table called that contains the posts? :-\

{$db_prefix}messages (usually smf_messages)

Sorck

Quote from: darrenbeige on October 10, 2009, 03:28:51 PM
Quote from: Colonel Sorck on October 10, 2009, 03:25:20 PM

{$db_prefix}messages (usually smf_messages)

Thanks, I don't know how i missed the smf_messages table!
This should make the creation of my CMS quite a lot easier (I don't have to create a seperate article editting and uploading system now :))

Nameless?

this aint working for me, i get a white page..

<?php if (($context['user']['name']) = null))
{
echo 
"Guest";
}
else 
{
echo (
$context['user']['name']);
}
?>

Arantor

That's because there's more brackets than there should be, though it's not ideal how it's done.

<?php if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
{
  echo 
"Guest";
}
else 
{
  echo (
$context['user']['name']);
}
?>

Nameless?

I wanna add some text after this: ($context['user']['messages']);
So it shows: You have 0 messages. also a link in 0 messages to action=profile
<?php if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
{
  echo 
"";
}
else 
{
  echo 
'You Have ' . ($context['user']['messages']);
}
?>

Arantor

<?php
global $scripturl;
if (
$context['user']['is_guest'])
{
  echo 
'';
}
else 
{
  echo 
'You have <a href="'$scripturl'?action=profile">', ($context['user']['messages']), ' messages</a>';
}
?>

Nameless?

can i change the style of text for the echo?

Arantor

Nameless?

for this echo 'Login or Register';

Arantor

Where is that in all of this? I don't see that code anywhere.

Advertisement: