News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade from SMF 1.1.9 to 2.0 RC 1.1 Bug?

Started by Patriot89, June 13, 2009, 12:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot89

Ok,

I feel this may be a bug this being that I can not find one solution even talking with the hosting company I use they are baffeled as well.

It seems after a day or two of upgrading from SMF 1.1.9 to 2.0 RC 1.1 (which the first time it had an error because I did not select back up databases and hung for over 24 hours) which I got to work by selecting back up databases from 1.1.9.

After it upgraded I began to remove a bunch of mods that were not compatible with SMF 2.0 RC 1.1. When doing this I also installed a few minor mods. However, after a day or two as I said in the beginning I feel there is a bug.

I can no longer alter anything on the forum. It says it has installed successfully. Yet, nothing changes. I look and I see the code in the file, I clear my cache, and then hard-refresh. Yet, nothing changes.

Even with a simple edit to my style.css file changing my background from black to red, nothing changes. Could this be an error with the SMF forum itself? The hosting company I am using says its not on their end. I'm very confused and flustered.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Deaks

can I ask have you cleared the SMF Cache

Admin - Forum Maintenance - Routine -Empty the file cache
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

karlbenson

when changing your css file, did you hit ctrl+f5 in your browser?

Patriot89

@Runic - Yes I have cleared the file cache and nothing has changed.

@RegularExpression - I did no thit ctrl+5. I was using cPanel and just hit save.

It seems every navigation item on the forum using the mirror and main tab images is missing the last navigation image background.

Patriot89

This is one issue I have that happened after I upgraded and I have not figured out a way to fix it.

Notice how the ending link in both has no background image.

I installed the Go Up & Down Buttons in post mod as well as the Reply Button in post mod. Both installed successfully and are their code is apparent in the files they were suppose to be in. But, they do not show up.

karlbenson

moving to 2.0 support where you may get more support

Since this doesn't appear to be an smf bug.

Advertisement: