News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ST Shop

Started by Diego Andrés, June 13, 2009, 06:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendrall

Quote from: Tien on August 15, 2012, 01:00:19 AM
How to reset the total credit for member? I have just installed this and I am seeing all members having 1000 credits in their profiles.  ???

There were some workarounds posted for this; one way is by manually editing each user's inventory and reset them to 0 credits.  I would also suggest going into installScript.php and changing the following snippet, but SA or someone else will be the one to verify:

if (empty($has_cash))
{

// give everyone 1000 as a start :)

$smcFunc['db_query']('', "UPDATE {db_prefix}members SET `cash` = 1000");

Change that value of 1000 to "0", or whatever value you want.

Kendrall

Adding to my wish list for SA Shop:

Some type of lottery script, similar to YamiKaitou's SMF Lottery Mod. 

SA™

i updated that mod for sa shop yearts ago now tho i dont have it no since my site closed :D
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Kendrall

Quote from: SA™ on August 24, 2012, 12:03:45 PM
i updated that mod for sa shop yearts ago now tho i dont have it no since my site closed :D

You didn't keep a local copy of that mod?

hcfwesker

It was sad when i seen SA not up anymore :(

And from what I can best tell you, the Lottery mod was compatible with Smf2, but not current versions past RC3 if i remember correctly.

Kendrall

Quote from: hcfwesker on August 24, 2012, 03:18:42 PM
It was sad when i seen SA not up anymore :(

And from what I can best tell you, the Lottery mod was compatible with Smf2, but not current versions past RC3 if i remember correctly.

I'm not sure if emulating SMF 2.0 RC3 would do the trick.  I could try it, but I don't think the results would be guaranteed.

hcfwesker

If ylou can find it, then you can try it.  I just know many of us tried on the SA site, and it wouldnt work cause of so many coding changes from RC3 to 2.0.2

Quote from: TrickyRicky on August 04, 2012, 10:56:48 AM
Where would i find new items like a Change Member Group
??

Surprisingly, I still have the zip file for the item, "Add to MemberGroup"  , doesnt allow them to change though, but lets members purchase an item to add them to a member group, it's attached.

Just upload it under the Sources/Shop2/shop_items , something like that, folder.

Kendrall

Quote from: hcfwesker on August 24, 2012, 08:57:19 PM
If ylou can find it, then you can try it.  I just know many of us tried on the SA site, and it wouldnt work cause of so many coding changes from RC3 to 2.0.2

No go.  Even after forcing my forum to emulate RC3, it still gives me the same error as before:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /home/.../public_html/.../Packages/temp/LotterySQL.php on line 17

I posted the question on a tech forum that I subscribe to, and one poster suggested I take a look at the ./Sources/Subs.php file.  According to the poster, on line 238 of Subs.php, function db_query is looking for a specific file.  Problem is, I don't know for certain which file it's looking for (if that's actually the problem, since I look at line 17 in LotterySQL.php I don't see anything wrong with it at first glance.)

hcfwesker

Huh? ???

Did you get the actual SA shop Lottery mod or are you trying the SMF Shop lottery mod?

Kendrall

Quote from: hcfwesker on August 24, 2012, 10:26:47 PM
Huh? ???

Did you get the actual SA shop Lottery mod or are you trying the SMF Shop lottery mod?

If I knew where I could get a copy of the SA shop lottery mod, I'll give that a go.

Kendrall

SA and/or Diego:

How difficult would it be to convert the SMF Shop Lottery mod to work with SA Shop...and ensure compatibility with SMF 2.0.x?

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Kendrall on August 25, 2012, 10:31:59 PM
SA and/or Diego:

How difficult would it be to convert the SMF Shop Lottery mod to work with SA Shop...and ensure compatibility with SMF 2.0.x?

I'm not sure what modification is that, can you please leave the link to check it?

Sorry everyone, I'm short of time, but I'm trying to continue with the update.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Kendrall

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 29, 2012, 11:21:28 PM

I'm not sure what modification is that, can you please leave the link to check it?

Sure thing! 

http://smfshop.com/forum/index.php/topic,1279.0.html

I'm aware there was some type of lottery mod for SA Shop at one point in the past, but apparently the original author no longer has access to his source code...  :-\

olivestab

Quote from: Kendrall on August 21, 2012, 08:51:38 AM
Silly question, but one I've been trying to find the answer for...

Adding new custom items to the shop; I'm guessing I'll have to manually insert these items into the source code, or is there an easier method to do this?

Same question here.
I just discovered this mod today,(9/9/12) and Ive been reading this entire thread from the start to find out where the instructions are for the "small edits" you have to do in order to add custom items people made for the original shop.

I know how to install them for the original SMF Shop, but not for the SA shop.
But Author stated that SMF Shop Items are still compatible with a small edit/modification to the code (or something?)

It seems that the Author has deleted the site, so where Can I find those instructions?

Also, can I upload my own png Icons into the item image's folder in my hosting?
(will attempt on my own tomorrow morning, figure Id ask now and save me the trouble is the answers no.) 

Great mod and I appreciate the help.   

hcfwesker

Quote from: olivestab on September 09, 2012, 02:49:53 AMAlso, can I upload my own png Icons into the item image's folder in my hosting?
(will attempt on my own tomorrow morning, figure Id ask now and save me the trouble is the answers no.) 

Yes.  When creating/editing an item, and putting an image with it; the images to chose from will come from that image folder.  but if you have custom themes you'll need to add the image to the same folder on those themes for the item image to show.

olivestab

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 09, 2012, 03:26:26 AM
Quote from: olivestab on September 09, 2012, 02:49:53 AMAlso, can I upload my own png Icons into the item image's folder in my hosting?

Yes.  When creating/editing an item, and putting an image with it; the images to chose from will come from that image folder.  but if you have custom themes you'll need to add the image to the same folder on those themes for the item image to show.

Thank you!
I'm bumping for an answer to my first question, anyone have a working documented process for adding other created items to the SA Shop?

Quote from: olivestab on September 09, 2012, 02:49:53 AM
Quote from: Kendrall on August 21, 2012, 08:51:38 AM
Silly question, but one I've been trying to find the answer for...

Adding new custom items to the shop; I'm guessing I'll have to manually insert these items into the source code, or is there an easier method to do this?

Same question here.
I just discovered this mod today,(9/9/12) and Ive been reading this entire thread from the start to find out where the instructions are for the "small edits" you have to do in order to add custom items people made for the original shop.

I know how to install them for the original SMF Shop, but not for the SA shop.
But Author stated that SMF Shop Items are still compatible with a small edit/modification to the code (or something?)

It seems that the Author has deleted the site, so where Can I find those instructions?

Also, can I upload my own png Icons into the item image's folder in my hosting?

Great mod and I appreciate the help.   

SA™

items that worked in smf shop will work but need updateing for smf2 as most of them where for smf1 you would need to know some php to be able to do this it isnt a easy task if you dont know any php

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

olivestab

Ok I see, So the change is just the overall update.
That sucks, I made a list of some items to put In my shop, Ill have to re-read all of them to see if they are compatible.
Aside from completely custom made items from experienced coders, are there any updated items anywhere? or are the ones in the default drop down the only compatible Items?

I wanted to install the following items in my shop, but Im very occupied at the moment. If anyone knows first hand that these are not compatible or if they would be difficult to edit please let me know.
My code skills are minuscule.
I understand code, and know where to put provided codes and make minor text/%'s/Amount changes , but I cant make squat from scratch off the top of my head.

Add to member group (admin creates item of a specific group, member becomes part of the group when purchasing item, Is not primary)

Steal Credits (This Item is crucial to my forum and I really hope its compatible, I plan on editing the text a bit to make this item a form of "attacking)
pickpocket (another important item I want, as it affects a certain percentage from everyone, but conflict greater damage to the buyer if they are unsuccessful)

karma bash (another item I want to use as a form of attacking, but an alternate option from attacks on credits)

Rob the bank (an important item I wish to have, and the most impacting attack available since it deals a lot of damage to the buyer if it is unsuccessful, both credits and karma)

Some smaller items for fun:
cookie just a normal rock or test item, I could probably just alternate the text in the test item thats already in the SA shop and use a cookie picture)
cake (like the cookie, I think a cake is perfect for users to send for someones birthday, I think I can edit a second test item as well.)
Some name alternation items (thought this was interesting mainly for the text color change, thats about it.)

Ans lastly, a modification for awarding credits:
Award credits for online time 

I just like to say thank you for your input and ideas, this is a wonderful mod and It works perfectly.
After testing it I decided to dive into more complex items for the official store of my forum.
I was very disappointed to hear that most of them are for smf1, But regardless, I really appreciate this mod, and for your help.   

SA™

i do know of hand that cookie and cake should work as there isn any database querys in them so they will work with out any changes

the other items will need updating to smf2 as there is databse querys in them

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

olivestab

Quote from: SA™ on September 09, 2012, 12:32:47 PM
i do know of hand that cookie and cake should work as there isn any database querys in them so they will work with out any changes

the other items will need updating to smf2 as there is databse querys in them

Does this update require thorough code changes, or simple path changes?
Again Im not great with code but Im at the point where I can understand the body of it,
with that said, I apologize If these are outrageous questions, but how difficult can be be to modify those items?

Could you modify one and post your methods here, so I can make the changes myself to the others?     

Advertisement: