I need a walkthrough please

Started by MATTEK, June 15, 2009, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N3RVE

Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

MATTEK

I'm connected with my FTP. When I browse my computer and open the folder I want to upload - the folder is empty. Nothing inside. I've downloaded and unzipped.
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Then you must have extracted to another folder. If you can't find the files then extract again, assuming you still have the zip.

MATTEK

Ok. So by followingn the instructions I've copied the files and pasted trhem into the FTP. I'm not done doing all of the files yet, but now when I load my website I get a fatal error. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: loaddatabase() in /homepages/46/d274007555/htdocs/index.php on line 79

What happened?
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Finish uploading all the files. Then run upgrade.php.

MATTEK

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you link me to the file?
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

Thank you. I appreciate this so much. I'm not done, though  O:)

All files are uploading as we speak. To set permissions, the instructions say i have to run 'chmod'. What is chmod?

Also I got al error during the upload from my FTP

[02:49:53] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[02:49:53] Client closed the connection.
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

The error just means the connection dropped. Re-open it and continue uploading.

CHMOD is setting file permissions. You can do that with your control panel or with ftp once the files are loaded.

MATTEK

Quote from: Antechinus on July 01, 2009, 02:55:21 AM
The error just means the connection dropped. Re-open it and continue uploading.

CHMOD is setting file permissions. You can do that with your control panel or with ftp once the files are loaded.

Alright. It's back on track. However, even when the connection dropped the files in the transfer que looked like they were still transfering. Will I have to re upload those specific files or have they successfully been transfered?
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Not sure. If in doubt I'd reload them just to be certain they are in.

MATTEK

Quote from: Antechinus on July 01, 2009, 03:00:00 AM
Not sure. If in doubt I'd reload them just to be certain they are in.

Ouch. I had no idea what to do when it happened. I'll never know which files they were. Does this mean I should stop the upload and start all over?
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Just keep going. Usually if a connection drops the upload will pick up where it left off. Might as well see how you go. If the installer freaks at any point you'll know you have some more loading to do.

MATTEK

Quote from: Antechinus on July 01, 2009, 03:12:16 AM
Just keep going. Usually if a connection drops the upload will pick up where it left off. Might as well see how you go. If the installer freaks at any point you'll know you have some more loading to do.

I decided to redo it one folder at a time. Seems to be going smoother.
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/upgrade.php
(where Forum is the location of your forum)

That part confuses me. 
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Just type in the address to your forum follwed by /upgrade.php

So if the forum is at http://www.yourforum.com/ you type in http://www.yourforum.com/upgrade.php

MATTEK

Woa. Every thread has triple avatars for the posters and I can't post. IT gives me an error when I try to post quick reply or advanced reply.
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

Error:
QuoteThere have been numerous language and template changes since the previous version of SMF. On this step the upgrader can attempt to automatically make these changes in your templates to save you from doing so manually.
Found 4 language files and 0 templates requiring an update so far.
Bypassing template file "...Themes/default/ManageSearch.template.php"...    Incomplete.

Also when I click on the PM link i get

QuoteCheck if the PM is available to the current user. function isAccessiblePM($pmID, $validFor = 'in_or_outbox') { global $user_info, $smcFunc; $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', ' SELECT pm.id_member_from = {int:id_current_member} AND pm.deleted_by_sender = {int:not_deleted} AS valid_for_outbox, pmr.id_pm IS NOT NULL AS valid_for_inbox FROM {db_prefix}personal_messages AS pm LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}pm_recipients AS pmr ON (pmr.id_pm = pm.id_pm AND pmr.id_member = {int:id_current_member} AND pmr.deleted = {int:not_deleted}) WHERE pm.id_pm = {int:id_pm} AND ((pm.id_member_from = {int:id_current_member} AND pm.deleted_by_sender = {int:not_deleted}) OR pmr.id_pm IS NOT NULL)', array( 'id_pm' => $pmID, 'id_current_member' => $user_info['id'], 'not_deleted' => 0, ) ); if ($smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request) === 0) { $smcFunc['db_free_result']($request); return false; } $validationResult = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request); $smcFunc['db_free_result']($request); switch ($validFor) { case 'inbox': return !empty($validationResult['valid_for_inbox']); break; case 'outbox': return !empty($validationResult['valid_for_outbox']); break; case 'in_or_outbox': return !empty($validationResult['valid_for_inbox']) || !empty($validationResult['valid_for_outbox']); break; default: trigger_error('Undefined validation type given', E_USER_ERROR); break; } } ?>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: load_onlinecolors() in /homepages/46/d274007555/htdocs/Sources/PersonalMessage.php on line 807

AND this...

QuoteMAJOR SECURITY RISK:

You have not removed upgrade.php!

That is on my homepage
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

Advertisement: