News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I need a walkthrough please

Started by MATTEK, June 15, 2009, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTEK

Ok. So I am now able to post, but I can not open the PM box. Nor can I use the "Featuers and Options" option in the Admin CP.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Antechinus

You must not have uploaded all the files correctly.

MATTEK

Quote from: Antechinus on July 01, 2009, 04:59:12 PM
You must not have uploaded all the files correctly.

Ok. So re-upload all the files into my FTP? Will I have to do the large upgrade or can I just run the small upgrade?
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Try just uploading for a start. You may not need to run the upgrade script. Just upload everything except upgrade.php. In fact to save time you can skip uploading all the images too. I often do this when I need to run an upgrade via ftp. Loading all the images folders takes a lot of time.

What I would do is load the Sources folder and everything in the default theme folder except for the default/images folder. Skip that one. This way you get all the critical files in place without wasting time on ones you don't need. If an image is missing you will notice and it can be fixed later.

MATTEK

Quote from: Antechinus on July 01, 2009, 05:55:04 PM
Try just uploading for a start. You may not need to run the upgrade script. Just upload everything except upgrade.php. In fact to save time you can skip uploading all the images too. I often do this when I need to run an upgrade via ftp. Loading all the images folders takes a lot of time.

What I would do is load the Sources folder and everything in the default theme folder except for the default/images folder. Skip that one. This way you get all the critical files in place without wasting time on ones you don't need. If an image is missing you will notice and it can be fixed later.

Awsome. Thank you so much. I'll let you know what happeneds. Can't do it now. -
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

Another thing I'd like to address :

We had a forum thread topic of "Random Images"  and now when we view the thread all images are gone. This is possibly a transfer error - correct?

ALSO - I've fixed the PM issue, but the Features and Options link in the admin CP still does not work.
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

Alright. Everything is fixed. The only thing that troubles me is I have about 4 Affiliate bars across the bottom of my forum. Any ideas?
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Sounds like the affiliates mod wasn't happy with the upgrade. Better ask the guy who made it as I've never used the thing.

MATTEK

We're all good. Upgrade went well. Thank you for the assistance.
SMF 2.0.1

Antechinus

Welcome. If you're not getting any more errors please mark this as solved. Gets it off our support list that way. ;)

MATTEK

How do I mark it? I thought it was something you guys did. I'll check.

EDIT - Got it.

SMF 2.0.1

Advertisement: