News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Twitter Mod

Started by 2by2host, June 16, 2009, 01:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2by2host

Quote from: ormuz on June 16, 2009, 05:18:39 PM
there is a bug with non-english characters...

Where exactly is it?

ormuz

they don't appear in twitter... just test it! Create a topic with a subject with a character like this "à"... for example.

Groundhog

Hey, Thanks for this. Installed earlier today and created invisible posts but this latest version is working well for me.

I only now have to figure out how to exploit this new feature and read more about Twitter.

Thanks again 2by2host.

Nodaz

Is there a way to push OLD topics to twitter?

Nodaz

Does this mod publish new replies to old topics?

2by2host

Quote from: UbinTook on June 16, 2009, 07:48:52 PM
Does this mod publish new replies to old topics?
Hm, interesting idea. Something for us to consider to add. It would have to be gradually published on Twitter to avoid spamming ;-)

4b11l

Great mod! Works excellently. Now if only there was a way to do the reverse, that would be the ultimate mod! :)

Filipina

Just beautiful man, simply awesome and I love you :)

P.S. Mod works great but index.template file failed. I do not see your copyright and I tried to do it myself and got an error. If I attach it can you help be get it right on this file?

2by2host

Quote from: Filipina on June 16, 2009, 11:17:35 PM

P.S. Mod works great but index.template file failed. I do not see your copyright and I tried to do it myself and got an error. If I attach it can you help be get it right on this file?

Yes, please PM it to us.

marzi

Downloaded the MOD a few hours ago and installed it on SMF 1.1 RC3 with TinyPortal v0.9.6beta . No installation problems. (Likewise on my SMF 1.1.9 with TinyPortal v1.0 beta).
New topics posted on the permitted boards show up in TWITTER as promised.
Nicely done 2by2host....I am now following you as requested.

__RaaVaNaN__

I am Getting Error  While Installing

here i attached file

1.[/t]                      Execute Code                      1.1.x/install.php                      

2.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Sources/Subs-Post.php                      Test successful                                      
                     3.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Sources/Subs.php                      Test successful                                      
                     4.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./index.php                      Test successful                                      
                     5.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php                      Test successful                                      
                     6.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Sources/ManageBoards.php                      Test successful                                      
                     7.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php                      Test successful                                      
                     8.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Themes/default/languages/ManageBoards.english.php                      Test successful                                      
                     9.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Themes/default/languages/Admin.english.php                      Test successful                                      
                     10.[/t]                      Execute Modification                      ./Themes/default/index.template.php                      Test failed

Sakae

Awesome MOD!

Just one question: The topics are published in same time they are created or it's like searching for new topics every x minutes/hours?
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

marzi

softcore;
A suggestion, try a test post from your forum if you are able to. That is what I did to make sure the functionality was there. I know not every forum is set up to allow that sort of thing. In my case I found the 'twitter echoing' of the forum's post was essentially instantaneous (but then again, I was logged in to my Twitter account when I did that test).

2by2host

Quote from: softcore on June 17, 2009, 01:35:45 PM
Just one question: The topics are published in same time they are created or it's like searching for new topics every x minutes/hours?
At the same time as they are created.

BuzzBoy

...good job on the fix up! Works perfectly so far without any errors. Thank you!

Filipina

Quote from: 2by2host on June 17, 2009, 12:14:04 AM

Yes, please PM it to us.

Don
Quote from: 2by2host on June 17, 2009, 12:14:04 AM

Yes, please PM it to us.

Don't know how to PM it but here it is :)

Afro

@2by2host

Are you guys considering doing this for facebook too?
it would be great.

bazo

Hi, i come back for an other problem with the accent i suppose. When i do a title with some é - è or something like that, the next character don't appear.

It's look like that :

thè de la téphonie au sein des entreprises Mercredi 24 Juin 2009 and normally it's write : thème de la téphonie au sein des entreprises Mercredi 24 Juin 2009

Thanks.

2by2host

Quote from: Akpaka on June 18, 2009, 09:53:29 AM
@2by2host

it would be great.
Oh yeah!!

GQCritic

Quote from: 2by2host on June 18, 2009, 09:36:40 PM
Quote from: Akpaka on June 18, 2009, 09:53:29 AM
@2by2host

it would be great.
Oh yeah!!

Oh wow! I'm looking forward to it! Great!!!

Advertisement: