News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Twitter Mod

Started by 2by2host, June 16, 2009, 01:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Realinfo

I apply that......... Please tell me how it works to get traffic.............  and is it work itself................

mashby

I have a rather curious question about this mod. I've seen that it adds some copyright info or some such text to the index.template.php file. Is it against your TOS to remove that after installation?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

totaltutankoll

QuoteUnknown column 'b.twitter_enable' in 'field list'
Fil: /hsphere/local/home/hbroms/stallportalen.se/forum/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Rad: 1032

This is what my forum says nowadays when I'd like to administrate my boards. Which of course is impossible with this error!
Started out with a SMF-forum a couple of years ago went on to Dynamic web (read dynamic crap) and am now back in the land of Simple Machines.

Non, je ne regrette rien!

2by2host

Quote from: mashby on June 19, 2009, 12:22:57 AM
I have a rather curious question about this mod. I've seen that it adds some copyright info or some such text to the index.template.php file. Is it against your TOS to remove that after installation?

In agreement with our rules we can remove this for you for free if you are our hosting customer. This applies to all our mods.

kat

There's nothing in the TOS to say that we can't do that, ourselves, though.

From the TOS:

QuoteAfter installing this mod a link will be placed on your forum informing you and others that the forum has been patched by the developer *

Quote* [EN] If you are our hosting customer you may ask us to remove the link (it's free and fast). Also our hosting customers get free support for our Mods. Here is more information about hosting.]* [EN] If you are our hosting customer you may ask us to remove the link (it's free and fast). Also our hosting customers get free support for our Mods. Here is more information about hosting.

Afro

Quote from: 2by2host on June 18, 2009, 09:36:40 PM
Quote from: Akpaka on June 18, 2009, 09:53:29 AM
@2by2host

Are you guys considering doing this for facebook too?
it would be great.
Oh yeah!!

Great, that would be a block buster mod...

totaltutankoll

I installed a complete new smf-forum this afternoon and tried to apply the twitter mod to that one as well and it messed up everything! Any comments from the creators?
Started out with a SMF-forum a couple of years ago went on to Dynamic web (read dynamic crap) and am now back in the land of Simple Machines.

Non, je ne regrette rien!

2by2host

Quote from: Kat on June 19, 2009, 11:45:12 AM
There's nothing in the TOS to say that we can't do that, ourselves, though.

From the TOS:

QuoteAfter installing this mod a link will be placed on your forum informing you and others that the forum has been patched by the developer *

Quote* [EN] If you are our hosting customer you may ask us to remove the link (it's free and fast). Also our hosting customers get free support for our Mods. Here is more information about hosting.]* [EN] If you are our hosting customer you may ask us to remove the link (it's free and fast). Also our hosting customers get free support for our Mods. Here is more information about hosting.

Thank you for pointing this out. It's there now.

2by2host

Quote from: totaltutankoll on June 19, 2009, 01:59:03 PM
I installed a complete new smf-forum this afternoon and tried to apply the twitter mod to that one as well and it messed up everything! Any comments from the creators?
Please paste here the errors that you're getting and the URL.

bazo

Quote from: bazo on June 18, 2009, 04:32:27 PM
Hi, i come back for an other problem with the accent i suppose. When i do a title with some é - è or something like that, the next character don't appear.

It's look like that :

thè de la téphonie au sein des entreprises Mercredi 24 Juin 2009 and normally it's write : thème de la téphonie au sein des entreprises Mercredi 24 Juin 2009

Thanks.

UP please

2by2host

Quote from: Filipina on June 16, 2009, 11:17:35 PM
Mod works great but index.template file failed. I do not see your copyright and I tried to do it myself and got an error. If I attach it can you help be get it right on this file?

Hello! This is due to the use of a different template rather than the default one. We are going to fix that in the future release of the mod.

kat

Quote from: 2by2host on June 19, 2009, 02:04:18 PM

Hmm... How would people stand, if they installed under the old TOS?

I helped someone remove that code, when the old one was relevant.

mashby

Quote from: Kat on June 19, 2009, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: 2by2host on June 19, 2009, 02:04:18 PM

Hmm... How would people stand, if they installed under the old TOS?

I helped someone remove that code, when the old one was relevant.
I smell a grandfather clause as I did the same thing earlier this week. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

kat

I guess by the letter of the TOS, we didn't do anything wrong.

So, one would assume that any modifications made after today would be frowned upon, whilst older ones would be tolerated.

Juo

Great mod, I was using http://feedmytwitter.com/ but this is so much better, just wanted to say thanks :)

Filipina

Quote from: 2by2host on June 19, 2009, 02:48:48 PM
Quote from: Filipina on June 16, 2009, 11:17:35 PM
Mod works great but index.template file failed. I do not see your copyright and I tried to do it myself and got an error. If I attach it can you help be get it right on this file?

Hello! This is due to the use of a different template rather than the default one. We are going to fix that in the future release of the mod.

I am using the default template

GMCbris

Installed this yesterday

And it appears to be working OK

How does it chose what posts to post to twitter? 

Ie since it was installed my forum has had 350 new posts and only 20 are on twitter

Just want to know, so I can uncheck some boards and target the updates to my advantage

Thanks for the mod BTW - looking forward to the facebook version :)

saaam

Thanks man Nice Updates Testing it  on SMF 1.19 .......................................... Success !!! Good Luck

r33k

how hard would it be to add in the topic starter's name and if they have a twitter account linked with their account to show their twitter name as @(username)

i skimmed throught the code but wasnt too interested in doing it myself but it would be a good idea for the next upgrade

nice mod though

tridirk

I got it all installed, and activated per the boards I wish, but I get nothing on Twitter?

What could I be doing wrong?  The settings seem simple enough?
Learning SMF..... Thanks for your help!

Advertisement: