News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hide Post Authors from Guests

Started by Matthew K., June 17, 2009, 10:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Expect v1.5 of Hide Post Authors from Guests very shortly!

Version 1.5 Updates:

SMF RC.2
Languages Supported for RC.2: Spanish (with UTF-8), British (with UTF-8), and English (with UTF-8).
Version 1.5 will also include Printpage for RC.2 which version 1.4 (For RC1.2) does not include.

Labradoodle-360

Spoogs

TDNY

Hi,
  I installed this via package manager error free on my 1.1.11 vers. default core and I was unable to use the "mark read" feature. It didn't matter if I clicked on the "mark read" button/ tab or if I opened a post and returned to the message list and hit refresh or if I hit the read new posts since last visit and tried to mark as read from there.
  All the posts on the site always showed the "new" icon as if it was a new post.
  Just to be sure I uninstalled and installed this mod twice, both times I uninstalled it everything worked like it should.
  I have other mods so I don't know what the actual conflict is that was causing my issue, but I was glad to find it, I've been trying to fix this bug for days.

Matthew K.

Thank you for bringing this up, I will definitely look into it.

TDNY

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 22, 2010, 04:12:56 PM
Thank you for bringing this up, I will definitely look into it.

Your welcome and good luck.

Arantor got me looking at the mods that made changes to the message index.php and message index. template from this thread here where you will also see the list of my mods that share these files. Hope that helps.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=360420.0

Matthew K.

I did some checking into this, I uploaded a clean set of SMF 1.1.11 files and a clean set of Hide Post Authors from Guests, received no installation errors, and was able to mark all topics as read without any issues.

If this problem is in fact related to my mod, it is two mods conflicting, not standalone Hide Post Authors from Guests.
Labradoodle-360

Fotoforofos.com

Same problem here with v1.11 ... "new" text shows everywhere :(

These are the other mods installed.

Redirect Banned Users 1.0 
SMF Articles 1.2
Pretty URLs 1.0RC
Flickr Gallery Browse 0.4
Enhanced Profile Header    1.2
Highslide Image Viewer 1.6
Enhanced Profile Header Language Pack 1.2
Google Analytics Code 1.1

Any idea?

Matthew K.

What do you mean by the new text shows everywhere?

Do you mean that "Hidden" shows up everywhere in place of the Author name, despite the fact you're logged in or what? A screenshot or providing a link may help.

Thanks,
Labradoodle-360

Fotoforofos.com

Sorry, i mean that the "unread" text shown when you have a unread post in a topic is shown in every topic, even if i have read all the posts in the topic.

I don't know if the text says "unread", "new" or whatever, cause my forum is in spanish, but i hope you know what i mean.

Matthew K.

Could you attach Messageindex.template.php and Display.template.php please.

Apllicmz

portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
// Labradoodle-360's Mod:Hide_Post_Authors
$txt['user_hidden'] = '(Esconder)';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
// Labradoodle-360's Mod:Hide_Post_Authors
$txt['user_hidden'] = '(Esconder)';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

Scoobymaniac

After installing this mod on 1.1.11 and now upgraded to 1.1.12 I noticed that all posts have the "new" after them even when there are no new posts in the thread.

DesuChan

Hi,

I've been trying to install this on two different forums but it keeps telling me 'The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.'

I'm using 1.1.11 (I know, I should upgrade) on one and 1.1.13 on the other and it keeps giving me the same error.

Please help!!!

squad

Hi I would also like to know if this will install on 1.1.13. I'd really
like to use this modification and be able to re-open more of my
forum to 'guests'

I also received the same reply over the weekend when I tried to
install: 'The package you are trying to download or install is either
corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.'

Thanks heaps.

Matthew K.

I apologize, but this is not going to be updated...especially for the 1.1x series. If anyone would like to take this mod over...feel free to shoot me a PM.

squad

Thanks for replying Labradoodle-360 it's a shame but thats life :)

Matthew K.

I just reviewed the edits - It's been a while. Have you tried using Version Emulate or manually installing it on 1.1.13? It's very possible it'll work.
Quote from: squad on February 21, 2011, 03:21:57 AM

Thanks for replying Labradoodle-360 it's a shame but thats life :)

squad

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on February 21, 2011, 03:21:04 PM
I just reviewed the edits - It's been a while. Have you tried using Version Emulate or manually installing it on 1.1.13? It's very possible it'll work

No not as yet, that would take yet another learning curve for me. I'll have a look at it over the weekend and see if I can get my head around it.

Thank you again :)

Matthew K.

Version emulate is just a mod you'd intall

squad

Thank you,mind you I doubt there isn't a day goes by, especially lately I don't learn
new things :) Thanks heaps, I give that a go now. Yes I have backed up, Heaven
help me if I need to use it hehehe I'd cry.

Advertisement: