News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

log_topics and conversion from phorum

Started by tidus93, June 20, 2009, 10:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tidus93

Hello,

It seems that mark unread function didn't work for all my topics converted from Phorum.
I tried to understand how this function work by viewing in Subs-Boards.php and MessageIndex.php but I don't understand what is the goal of ID_MSG in log_topics.

If i post a topic and click mark unread that works perfectly.
But if I try with an old topic (converted from Phorum) some times that doesn't work.

Could you help me?

tidus93

It seems that there is no error in the query.
When I mark a topic unread, It inserts (like you say) in log topics the first topic id_msg -1 but in my forum it's always marked as read (only for old topics converted from phorum. With new topics created with smf that works perfectly).

I don't know where is the problem

tidus93

id topic: 379481
id member: 72491

Result of the query:

ID_MEMBER    ID_TOPIC    ID_MSG
72491              379481             379480

id of the first message of this topic: 379481

All seems to be ok :(

tidus93

No.
After reading, I have that:
2491    379481    385883

385833 is the id of the last message of my forum.

tidus93

Yes the db is behaving normally but the topic don't appear as new (whereas other topics yes).
So I don't know what is the problem but it's only on old topics converted from Phorum.

Moreover, I have another problem, links used to show the last post don't work too (and only on topics converted from phorum).

greyknight17

Not sure if you did the following already, but give the below a try:

Go into Admin->Forum Maintenance and run the following:

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.

tidus93

ThorstenE

tidus93, I don't know the reason for this issue (maybe an incosistancy with the topics / messages table and the smf_log_topics table) but in theory you can drop the whole "marked as read" data with this SQL query (via phpMyAdmin):

TRUNCATE smf_log_topics;
This will drop all rows from the smf_log_topics table (All topics are marked as "new")
Note: you should make a backup from that table before!

This should hopefully fix your issues.

Advertisement: