News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Theme] Hendrix for SMF 1.0.3 [King of Design!!]

Started by Midgard, April 01, 2005, 01:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanny

Great Theme but , I just don't like that banner on top how do you change that to something Else

Miraenda

Midgard now has the header on the theme on his site at http://www.eggheads.gen.tr/index.php?load=others at the bottom under the Hendrix area.  You would take the  headerPSD.zip (Size: 80 kb) or headerhendrix.psd (Size: 407 kb), download, and edit it.  Either that, or simply replace it entirely with something else I guess...

Flanny

what how do you do it ? I am new to all of this stuff

Miraenda

Do you have Photoshop to edit PSD files? You'd just edit the file design-wise and replace the one at /forum/Themse/Hendrix/images/logo.gif by saving the new logo as a gif.  If you do not have PhotoShop or a program to edit PSD files, then I would actually suggest posting on http://jasidog.com/ipb/ to request Angus to change the logo for you to put what you'd like there.  He is really good about changing PSD headers for his themes, even for a theme ported to SMF I'm sure. Darn nice guy he is ;D

Flanny

I don't have photoshop but i have Fireworks and it can save gif. , so how do i do it now

Miraenda

Download the header file, take the logo there and change it, save the logo piece itself as a gif, upload it to the /forum/Themes/Hendrix/images/logo.gif location (no idea where your forum is located so /forum stands for your forum folder) by replacing that file.  I am assuming it is logo.gif you want to replace anyway.  I don't use Fireworks for PSDs, so I have no idea how to do it there, sorry :(

xenovanis

Quote from: Miraenda on April 21, 2005, 05:54:26 PM
Download the header file, take the logo there and change it, save the logo piece itself as a gif, upload it to the /forum/Themes/Hendrix/images/logo.gif location (no idea where your forum is located so /forum stands for your forum folder) by replacing that file.  I am assuming it is logo.gif you want to replace anyway.  I don't use Fireworks for PSDs, so I have no idea how to do it there, sorry :(

Open the *.PSD file in Fireworks, change it the way you want it to be (or completely alter it, just keep the right sizes)  and export it as a gif file, using the same name it had. If there are no transparant parts, choose No Transparancy, otherwise choose Index- or Alpha transparacy, you can preview it before you export it; just try the best way out.
But, IMHO Fireworks isn't the best program for exporting transparant images.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Flanny

yea thanks guys i did it , and it works great now i am making my fourms custom everything

narl

HoTmetal

Quote from: narl on April 24, 2005, 10:03:49 PM
Ah darn the website has bandwidth exceeded :(
Don't work you can still see it here
Quote from: Miraenda on April 01, 2005, 01:50:24 AM
Hi Midgard,

I installed the theme as a test on my board at http://miraenda.com/ and it looks good.  I set this up earlier off your post in the Showcase section.  I'm glad you decided to provide it to everyone now. :)

Great job. :D

Advertisement: