News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add PM Info To Header Area

Started by 4fit?, January 11, 2007, 08:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Ok. :) Never really thought of it from the developers aspect. But I guess I can see the logic in that.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

klra

Great Mod  :D , but had to modify the package-info.xml file to make it work with 1.1.4

find this -

<!-- Installation, the key part of this file. -->
   <install for="1.1.1">

and change it to this-

<!-- Installation, the key part of this file. -->
   <install for="1.1.4">

Used it on 2 of my forums-

FragaCampos

People need to do the same for 1.1.5

4fit?

Guys, sorry for the lack of support over the past 18 months or so.  I kind of got away from this sorta thing.  But I now have a new passion for learning the workings of PHP and SMF.

As such, this mod has now been updated and will work with all 1.1.x versions of SMF.  I have just tested it on a fresh install of 1.1.6 and it worked just fine.

Again, I apologize for the lack of support.

[Link To Mod]

tridirk

How would i use your mod with the Nascar greeting modification?  Here is the code from my indextemplate.php
<div  ', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' style="width: 100%;"' : '', '>';

// display user name
echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#5594c0">
<tr>
<td class="titlebg" height="25"><span style="color: #ffffff; font-size: x-small; font-family: verdana, sans-serif;"> ';
// Start CGDT Mod by Nascar

$date = date('H', forum_time());
if($context['user']['is_logged'])
if ($date < 6)
echo $txt['up_late_arent_we'];
elseif ($date < 7)
echo $txt['are_you_the_early_bird'];
elseif ($date < 12)
echo $txt['good_morning'];
elseif ($date < 18)
echo $txt['good_afternoon'];
elseif ($date < 22)
echo $txt['good_evening'];
elseif ($date < 24)
echo $txt['shouldnt_you_be_going_to_bed_soon'];

if($context['user']['is_logged'])
echo ', <b>', $context['user']['name'] , '</b>
</span>
</td>
Learning SMF..... Thanks for your help!

AtlasShrugging

Just wanted to post a quick "thank you" for this mod.

Thanks! 8)
Can help edit & translate FROM Spanish, Italian & German TO English. And English <--> French.

Filipina

Hi I have a question.  One of my post count groups can no longer see the

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

I even went into his account to verify... is there some permission i forgot about with this mod?

DSC

squad

Quote from: DSC on March 03, 2009, 01:10:51 PM
can you update it  for 2.0?

Yes would love this on 2.0 RC1-1 when and if possible, thanks heaps

mrbolsonator

Hey I think I am having trouble with this mod, but I am not sure. On the right side of my header all of the registering buttons are there but you cant even type in the username. On some browers the logo goes over the messege area. I tried to remove the mod but it didnt help. What do I do?

Laza

Is ther something like this mod for SMF 2.0 RC4  :)

Advertisement: