Quick Question!

Started by Diamonde, June 27, 2009, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

- download smf 1.1.9
- save your current /Themes directory
- replace /Themes/default from your server with the fresh /Themes/default from the standard package.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Norv

Save the files on your own computer, please. Simply download them. In case you made many modifications and will want to at least look at them later.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Diamonde

Quote from: Norv on June 27, 2009, 10:40:23 PM
- download smf 1.1.9
- replace /Themes/default from your server with the fresh /Themes/default from the standard package.
Is there a link to download SMF 1.9?

Norv

It's the "Download" link in the main menu, here.

Diamonde

Quote from: Norv on June 27, 2009, 10:44:58 PM
It's the "Download" link in the main menu, here.
Full Install?

Norv

Any of them. "Update" is the smallest, I think.

Diamonde

Do I leave it zip or extract the files?

Norv

- download smf 1.1.9

Diamonde

Quote from: Norv on June 27, 2009, 10:54:29 PM
- download smf 1.1.9

I can't replace it. It won't let me drag and drop the new default template in FTP.  :'(

Norv

Use something else than drag and drop then.
What FTP client are you using? Typically you should see two parallel tabs with files, one on the left, and one on the right. Right cliick the folder that is from your computer, and see, perhaps you have an option like "upload" avaiable.
Check out for a little information:
How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

Diamonde

Quote from: Norv on June 27, 2009, 11:02:23 PM
Use something else than drag and drop then.
What FTP client are you using? Typically you should see two parallel tabs with files, one on the left, and one on the right. Right cliick the folder that is from your computer, and see, perhaps you have an option like "upload" avaiable.
Check out for a little information:
How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

I use FileZilla

Norv

As said before, please right click the files on your computer, and select "upload". Make sure you try that when you're in your /Themes/default, in the server window.

Diamonde

Quote from: Norv on June 27, 2009, 11:07:47 PM
As said before, please right click the files on your computer, and select "upload". Make sure you try that when you're in your /Themes/default, in the server window.

Okay I overit it.

Diamonde

Norv

Norv

I will have to go for several hours, sorry.

Two links you may find useful:
Access your site on the default theme after you replace it: http://frankieandrandi.net/index.php?theme=1
Access your site on another theme in case the default is broken: http://frankieandrandi.net/index.php?theme=2

Keep in mind that probably (not sure though, but it seems probable), the last modifications you made, caused this issue. So in case it still doesn't work after replacing the theme, whatever other files you remember having modified, check them out, undo the modifications if you remember them, or replace them with fresh files from the 1.1.9 package. However, keep in mind also that if you replace with fresh files, your mods may not work anymore, and they will need to be reinstalled later.
I suggest you save on your computer any file before replacing it, just in case you may want them.

Diamonde

I still can't login! What's the deal with that?!?  >:(

Diamonde

I still can't login! What's the deal with that?!?  >:(

Norv

Please make sure you replaced the default theme, /Themes/default, then access your site by using the link with the default theme : this http://frankieandrandi.net/index.php?theme=1

Norv

Also, please check out then all files you modified recently. Please re-read above for ideas what to do. Undo the modifications, including by replacing other files with fresh ones, from the 1.1.9 package.
I really regret, but I must go.

Advertisement: