News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Profiles on posts

Started by DooDah, June 28, 2009, 05:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooDah

On the left is that profile on the post. Normally folks have the name, then the group, then the groups icons.

Well, on my board the groups icon is a custom animated gif stating that group. Is there a way to erase the smaller group title under the name so it does not say it twice?

I use 1.1.9 by the way.

Another thing I've been curious about... Why is it that all the themes do not use the same templates for icons and such? If it's not there, should it not use the one in default? It's getting old now having to replace every gif or .ico or in every theme to customize them all...

hxxp:img99.imageshack.us/i/17170329.jpg/ [nonactive]

Vekseid

SMF's theme system is widely considered to be its weak point, on several levels. Hm.
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

青山 素子

Quote from: DooDah on June 28, 2009, 05:14:59 PM
Another thing I've been curious about... Why is it that all the themes do not use the same templates for icons and such? If it's not there, should it not use the one in default? It's getting old now having to replace every gif or .ico or in every theme to customize them all...

That's a difficult thing to do without making PHP check the existence of each and every image in the theme and change to a fallback path if the file doesn't exist. Those checks get very expensive (cpu time and speed) very quickly. Remember, the image is being called by the browser, it isn't being created by SMF.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: