News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download Quota

Started by rd, June 29, 2009, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

So in the package-info

Change
<install for="1.1.11">

To
<install for="1.1.12">

Quote from: Arantor on February 10, 2011, 11:03:15 AM
IIRC I used a generic version number in this one originally that should work on any 1.1.x version.

How do i do that ?
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on March 19, 2010, 09:58:12 PM
To stop people downloading your attachments to converse your bandwidth?

To be able to host lots of big files but make people wait to be able to download them to pace out bandwidth usage?

* Arantor doesn't really know, doesn't care, wrote it last year as a paid request.

I have another Ques  :-\ With regards to download quota that this mod can limit, are they talking the overall loading of images/attachments ??? or is it specifically dealing with people using right click, save image as ???

aw06

Hmm... ok, not gonna be of much use to me then .. will just prevent guest from viewing attachments which should also present hot-linking to posted pics

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on February 10, 2011, 06:45:43 PM
*shrug* I wrote this because someone asked me to, not because it was useful to anyone else.

O ok, never realized you were the original author, well it has good use, just that limited registered members on my site would be kinda unfair, but i definitely see the uses in many other situations.

Ad the option to let it detect save file as and this would be money :O)

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on February 10, 2011, 06:56:15 PM
QuoteAd the option to let it detect save file as and this would be money :O)

Not possible to do reliably.

Owell ... kool

qtime

How to deal with settings for guests? They are not in the list of membergroups

qtime

Quote from: Arantor on February 14, 2011, 11:53:20 AM
There's no way to give guests a quota since there's no good way to track them.
ok, maybe the same way as this modification http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1290

but I understand the problem.

solfegio

ceewee

Quote from: aw06 on February 10, 2011, 06:52:48 PM
Quote from: Arantor on February 10, 2011, 06:45:43 PM
*shrug* I wrote this because someone asked me to, not because it was useful to anyone else.

O ok, never realized you were the original author, well it has good use, just that limited registered members on my site would be kinda unfair, but i definitely see the uses in many other situations.

Ad the option to let it detect save file as and this would be money :O)

He wrote it for me, now I'm in the process of updating to rc3 and forgot to uninstall the old version (manually because it had no uninstall), and get modification parse errror when installing your package.

Have to check what old settings it used, delete those and see if your package works....grrrrr

musicus

Please update it vor 2.02 or later

hardcorps

Just a note, I realise this mod is old and unsupported.

Downloaders should know there's a bug that took a while to surface: any member with 0 download quota, such as guests or new members, will eventually start seeing forum Avatars disappear.

EDIT: Ignore me, I've just figured out the prob. This happens because Avatars are stored in the attachments folder by default, which is where the quota limit reads from. Doh!

I've just gone into attachement settings and created a new URL path for avatars to be stored in, and reuploaded. So far so good. Apologies for bumping an old thread, hopefully this will help someone who encounters the same prob.

painkiller5758

how can we change the daily limit to monthly limit.. can anyone help. :)

Arantor

Not without some fairly nasty changes. It's all designed around a daily limit.

painkiller5758

Any one successful in making daily limit to monthly limit 8), anyone have an idea regarding this which you could share with me to make it to monthly limit ??  :)

Biology Forums

Let's say we choose 1000 kb. What if the upload it 1200 kb, does that mean they will never be able to download that file?

diegolyanky

Hi Arantor:

I need to disable download quota from an specific boards ...

How can I do it? I am using SMF 2.0RC3 version.

Thanks a lot!

SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

Diego Andrés

The mod works per user, not per board. Or at least that says on the description.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Arantor

You'd have to completely rewrite it to do that.

Advertisement: