Member Color Link

Started by Nibogo, April 02, 2005, 06:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshsux

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

----------------------------------------------
This is nothing to do with my server, so don't even bother trying to blame it on me. This error happens when it is going to corrupt the thing because it's for an older version, how do i edit it to work with SMF 1.1.2 ??
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

ディン1031

It should work fine in smf 1.1.2 :x, did this happen with every mod you try to install or only for this mod?

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Joshsux

only this one mate, it happens with a couple of others, but like yours also doesn't just have a "1.1.2" version its either an old version updated or its a multi install or something, it just says this and im too scared to continue the install:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

babjusi

Try to appload the mod manually then, but alway remember to make a back-up of your forum before installing mods, especially those in  beta versions

Joshsux

nah ain;t that desperate to stuff up my site thanks mate.

Afterglow86

Worked perfectly for me.

3 Hit U

Don't want to sound really stupid, but is there a manual installation way to do this mod?
EG: Is it only MemberColorLink1.1.x.mod and nothing else? (for v1.1.2).

As all I get is this:
[nofollow]

ディン1031

Quote from: 3 Hit U on June 15, 2007, 11:31:30 AM
Don't want to sound really stupid, but is there a manual installation way to do this mod?
Do you change the package dir to 777? Look like a error like this to me... :x, or create a temp dir in the package dir with the 777 right sometimes it work after that :x.

Other thing:
You need for 1.1.2 MemberColorLink1.1.x.mod and for the english language things MemberColorLinkEnglish.xml

Bye
DIN1031

3 Hit U

Quote from: ディン1031 on June 15, 2007, 12:16:13 PM
Quote from: 3 Hit U on June 15, 2007, 11:31:30 AM
Do you change the package dir to 777? Look like a error like this to me... :x, or create a temp dir in the package dir with the 777 right sometimes it work after that :x.

Other thing:
You need for 1.1.2 MemberColorLink1.1.x.mod and for the english language things MemberColorLinkEnglish.xml

Bye
DIN1031

It's all set up correctly all 777's are in the right place, I know what I'm doing.
I guess I'll install it manually then.

topiQ

Hi DIN! Another nice mod done by you :D.
However i noticed some errors in the german language file with the umlauts.
I attached my corrected version.

Viceroy

Hi there guys, I have installed the Member Color Link 2.0.0 version package on my forums through the Package uploader and the installation went fine and everything however it does not seem as if it is working like it should. Did I do something wrong here or something? Please advise.

The site in which installed this package on is : http://www.uoradio.com/~joomla/forum/ [nofollow]

Any help that can be provided with helping me figure this problem out is deeply appreciated.

ディン1031

Did you enabled it in the Features and Settings?

Bye
DIN1031

Bulakbol

Hi. I got this tip from Sleepy and tried it.

Display.template.php find:

<b>', $message['member']['link'], '</b>

Replace:

style="color:' . $message['member']['group_color'] . ';">' . $message['member']['name'] . '</a>' : $message['member']['name']), '</b>

It won't work with your mods installed. I am using your mod and I like it. Is there any way to change some of your codes so it will carry the color over to the actual post page?

~JohnyB
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

MinasC

i installed the mod in my forum (smf 1,1,3/tp 0.9.8) and i got this in the top of all my pages :

//-View Only Boards MOD- Start $txt['vob_allowMessageIndexView'] = 'Show the message index for "view only" boards'; $txt['vob_protected'] = 'Protected'; //-View Only Boards MOD- End

look at the attached screenshot !
can anyone help ?

thnx in advance  :)

ディン1031

?_? it's not from my mod, so i don't know where it came from, it's possible that you should ask the author of the View Only Boards MOD :x.

Bye
DIN1031

ディン1031

Quote from: JohnyB on June 28, 2007, 12:15:22 PM
Hi. I got this tip from Sleepy and tried it.

Display.template.php find:

<b>', $message['member']['link'], '</b>

Replace:

style="color:' . $message['member']['group_color'] . ';">' . $message['member']['name'] . '</a>' : $message['member']['name']), '</b>

It won't work with your mods installed. I am using your mod and I like it. Is there any way to change some of your codes so it will carry the color over to the actual post page?

~JohnyB
It's not complete and must be made a little bit diffrent ;).

<edit file>
$themdir/Display.template.php
</edit file>

<search for>
<b>', $message['member']['link'] ,'</b>
</search for>

<replace>
<b>', (!empty($modSettings['MemberColorLink']) ? ( !empty($message['member']['group_color']) || !empty($message['member']['post_group_color']) ? '<span style="color:'. ( !empty($message['member']['group_color']) ? $message['member']['group_color'] : $message['member']['post_group_color'] ) .';">' : '' ) : '' ) . $message['member']['name'] . (!empty($modSettings['MemberColorLink']) && (!empty($message['member']['member_group_color']) || !empty($message['member']['post_group_color'])) ? '</span>' : ''), '</b>
</replace>

Than it should work like you wish :) (But only if you installed this mod xD).

Bye
DIN1031

Bulakbol

Wooo you're so quick. Your prompt reply is appreciated. I will try it now on Helios_multi and Babylon Theme and I'll let you know the result.

<edit>
Sorry DIN, it didn't work. Maybe it needs something more.
</edit>
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

MinasC

Quote from: ディン1031 on June 28, 2007, 01:23:15 PM
?_? it's not from my mod, so i don't know where it came from, it's possible that you should ask the author of the View Only Boards MOD :x.

Bye
DIN1031

i guess you are right , i only asked you because this "anomaly" appeared when i installed your mod (having the view only boards mod already installed) and i assumed it could be a conflict of some kind ...

anyway , i check the other mod too .

thnx a lot for the quick answer !  ;)

ディン1031

Quote from: JohnyB on June 28, 2007, 02:54:20 PM
Wooo you're so quick. Your prompt reply is appreciated. I will try it now on Helios_multi and Babylon Theme and I'll let you know the result.

<edit>
</edit>
Hmm i tested it on the default theme and it work fine :x.

Bye
DIN1031

Bulakbol

Quote from: ディン1031 on June 29, 2007, 02:03:47 AM
Quote from: JohnyB on June 28, 2007, 02:54:20 PM

<edit>
</edit>
Hmm i tested it on the default theme and it work fine :x.

Bye
DIN1031

It works on my local site but it won't work on the real one.  Maybe it conflict with other mods?  I am still trying to figure out the difference between the local one and real one. Thank you though.

Advertisement: