News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Member Color Link

Started by Nibogo, April 02, 2005, 06:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ディン1031

Quote from: NIBOGO on May 24, 2008, 07:34:35 PM
Excelent work , but how i can update from the 2.016 version??

PD: i was talking about to change the member color in the profile.template , but that is in the v3.0 ;)
The Problem is that there are so many changes, that is very difficult to upgrade from 2.1.6 to 3.0.0 at the moment there is no upgrade. And i don't know if i've the time to make a complete update.
(I start programming the mod new, so that it a real overwork, so i think i need to remove most things from the old Version and Install after it the new version... hmmmm that could be a idea *thinking*).

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

OblivionMage

Any ideas why I am getting errors installing in 1.1.5?
My Sites: MMOqq - Guides, Programs, Discussion
Currently:
Completely redoing forums / site

Sheila * R

:) I love this mod, it is great.

ディン1031

Quote from: OblivionMage on May 28, 2008, 02:25:13 PM
Any ideas why I am getting errors installing in 1.1.5?
I don't know any other mods installed?

Bye
DIN1031

PT

Hi - quick question. When I try to uninstall this mod, I get an error in Modifications.english.php during the uninistall test (see attached). Any ideas? The installed mod version is 2.1.6 and I'm running SMF 1.1.5.

Thanks! ;)
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and over... and expecting a different result.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: PT on May 30, 2008, 08:54:51 AM
Hi - quick question. When I try to uninstall this mod, I get an error in Modifications.english.php during the uninistall test (see attached). Any ideas? The installed mod version is 2.1.6 and I'm running SMF 1.1.5.

Thanks! ;)

Remove the modification, and then attach your modifications.english.php file here.

ディン1031

Quote from: PT on May 30, 2008, 08:54:51 AM

Thanks! ;)
You can uninstall it, after the new version install, it will add again all text strings.
Or you look after the uninstall into this file, and delete everything with MemberColorLink in the $txt variable.

Bye
DIN1031

PT

Quote from: ccbtimewiz

Remove the modification, and then attach your modifications.english.php file here.

Thanks again for your help. ;)
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and over... and expecting a different result.

ccbtimewiz

Here you are, good sir.

PT

Many thanks - I appreciate all of your assistance!

Stargater59

Ok, so I tried installing this on 1.1.5. I had an error when it came to BoardIndex.php. I tried adding the modifications myself, then installed the mod. But that failed. There were parse errors in BoardIndex.php. So I changed it back to what it was, but left the mod installed.

Everything seems to be working like it was before (I've used this mod since 1.1.2), however, nothing is installed on BoardIndex.php. Does that matter?

ディン1031

Quote from: Stargater59 on May 31, 2008, 11:56:34 AM
Ok, so I tried installing this on 1.1.5. I had an error when it came to BoardIndex.php. I tried adding the modifications myself, then installed the mod. But that failed. There were parse errors in BoardIndex.php. So I changed it back to what it was, but left the mod installed.

Everything seems to be working like it was before (I've used this mod since 1.1.2), however, nothing is installed on BoardIndex.php. Does that matter?
It will not changes some colors on this page, but if it work for you ;).

Bye
DIN1031

Burningfire87

I installed the mod through package manager  everything went fine
I went to edit my boardindex.template.php because it is a custom template

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $member['id'], '">', $member['is_today'] ? '<b>' : '', $member['name'], $member['is_today'] ? '</b>' : '', isset($member['age']) ? ' (' . $member['age'] . ')' : '', '</a>', $member['is_last'] ? '<br />' : ', ';

i replaced that with
', ($member['is_today'] ? '<b>' : ''), '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $member['id'], '"'. (!empty($member['color']) ? (empty($modSettings['MemberColorLinkOldSpanStyle']) ? ' style="color:'.$member['color'].'">' : '><span style="color:'.$member['color'].';">') : ''), $member['name'], isset($member['age']) ? ' (' . $member['age'] . ')' : '', (!empty($member['color']) && !empty($modSettings['MemberColorLinkOldSpanStyle']) ? '</span>' : ''), '</a>', ($member['is_today'] ? '</b>' : ''), $member['is_last'] ? '' : ', ';
and kept getting

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING line 306 which is code i replaced[code]

ディン1031

Hmm looks good to me, can you attach the file that you change, i think you miss something...

Bye
DIN1031

pp08

its not working for me please help
its giving this messege

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

and this is the only file that says test failed
4.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageMembergroups.php     Test failed

ディン1031

Quote from: pp08 on June 15, 2008, 10:07:42 PM
its giving this messege

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

4.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageMembergroups.php     Test failed
Which Mod Versio, Which SMF Version?

Bye
DIN1031

Thy73

I also tried to install the mod on a 1.1.4 forum, but it doesn't work.
First I tried the 210, cause that worked on my forum (witch is 1.1 RC3)
Then I tried the 300, but said there wasen't installed anything.
I then tried the 216, and that installed but still doesn't show what I have hoped for.
Again I tried 300 (to see if it would upgrade the 216, but nothing was installed).

Now I've been liiking through some of the latest posts and fell over "language packet" could that be the cause to it (Norwegin) ? or could it be some of the others ?

QuoteNavn på mod Versjon 
1. TinyPortal 0.983   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
2. SMF Poll Mod 1.1.1  [ Aktiver Mod ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
3. MCLegendII 1.1   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
4. VisualWarning 1.41   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
5. Recent posts user preference 2.51   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
6. Custom BBCode 2.00   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
7. Who Voted What? 1.1.3   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
8. Group Moderators 1.4  [ Aktiver Mod ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
9. Member Color Link 2.1.6   [ Avinstaller ] [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 
10. Member Color Link 3.0.0   [ List opp alle filene ] [ Slett ] 

pp08

Quote from: ディン1031 on June 16, 2008, 12:35:52 AM
Quote from: pp08 on June 15, 2008, 10:07:42 PM
its giving this messege

Which Mod Versio, Which SMF Version?

Bye
DIN1031

i tried the 300 on smf 1.1.5

ディン1031

Quote from: Thy73 on June 16, 2008, 06:45:44 PM
I then tried the 216, and that installed but still doesn't show what I have hoped for.
Again I tried 300 (to see if it would upgrade the 216, but nothing was installed).

Now I've been liiking through some of the latest posts and fell over "language packet" could that be the cause to it (Norwegin) ? or could it be some of the others ?
First there is no upgrade for 2.1.6 to 3.0.0 because the version 3.0.0 is rebuilt from the scatch. And very difficult to update. I think you need to make the language changes to see the options in the Features and Settings. (You can also set your language to english, that there should be the option in the menue).
Was the version 3.0.0 before succesfull installed? (Than i think it worked, but it was never enabled, because you did not see the options for it).

@pp08
You can try to install it, and made the changes for the ./Sources/ManageMembergroups.php by yourself.
But if i see correct it could be possible work without the change, too. Because it fix only a not correct set color in the link of the SMF 1.1.x Version ;).

Change in Filename: $sourcedir/ManageMembergroups.php
Search for this
$context['groups'][$temp][$id]['link'] = '<a href="' . $data['href'] . '">' . $data['name'] . '</a>';

Replace All with
//Fix a mistake, for Member color Link it is better to see this color here!
$context['groups'][$temp][$id]['link'] = '<a href="' . $data['href'] . '"'. (!empty($data['color']) ? ' style="color:'.$data['color'].'"' : '').'>' . $data['name'] . '</a>';

Bye
DIN1031

Thy73

Quote from: ディン1031 on June 17, 2008, 01:02:44 AM
Quote from: Thy73 on June 16, 2008, 06:45:44 PM

First there is no upgrade for 2.1.6 to 3.0.0 because the version 3.0.0 is rebuilt from the scatch. And very difficult to update. I think you need to make the language changes to see the options in the Features and Settings. (You can also set your language to english, that there should be the option in the menue).
Was the version 3.0.0 before succesfull installed? (Than i think it worked, but it was never enabled, because you did not see the options for it).

Well, I first installed 210, because I allready had that file, but when that didn't worked, I looked through the mod site and found the new versions you've made.
I took the 300 but it said no files were updated/written or something like that.
I uninstalled the 210 and deleted both mods (210 and 300) and installed 216 successfully, still no go, upgraded/installed 300 and still nothing.
removed all versions and tried 300 alone, but it was a no go.

But I will have a chat with the forum owner, asking him to set the forum back to English and hopefully that'll do it. I'll let you know how it turns out !!

Advertisement: