Member Color Link

Started by Nibogo, April 02, 2005, 06:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Since I mistakingly mentioned it in the other mod of yours, I'll repost this.

Din1031,
This might be something pretty cool for this mod, either seperatly, or included.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/gazmanafc/membergroupedit.jpg

It's something that Vb & MyBB can pull off and I really like it.

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

ディン1031

Quote from: lawless314 on March 28, 2006, 07:36:19 PM
When viewed in Firefox, I have this problem...

It looks fine in IE.  The problem being that the link underline is not the same colour as the link.  This only happens with the new mod linked members.

Is there any quick solution to this?
Uff never seen this :x, so i don't know to solve it... (i should sometime change it to span style but at the moment i've no time to do it).

Quote from: Gary G. on March 29, 2006, 05:56:10 AM

Din1031,
This might be something pretty cool for this mod, either seperatly, or included.

Uff i don't understand?
Is this a standard in smf?
Or is this not in smf?

Bye
The very busy
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Gary

Quote from: din1031 on March 29, 2006, 08:27:31 AM
Uff i don't understand?
Or is this not in smf?
Its not in SMF. But its in vB and MyBB. I just like the idea of being able to change each member groups HTML. So mods could be green bold, admins red, bold, italic etc... using a HTML prefix/suffix.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

lawless314

Quote from: lawless314 on March 28, 2006, 07:36:19 PM
When viewed in Firefox, I have this problem...

It looks fine in IE.  The problem being that the link underline is not the same colour as the link.  This only happens with the new mod linked members.

Is there any quick solution to this?
Uff never seen this :x, so i don't know to solve it... (i should sometime change it to span style but at the moment i've no time to do it).

Well, the thing about it is, I can only recreate it with span style - I have yet to be able to recreate this problem with the way that you have it set up.

I did a dirty fix by taking out the text-decoration on my links.

For example, for the member birthday notifications at the bottom of BoardIndex...

/* Each member in calendar_birthdays has:
id, name (person), age (if they have one set?), is_last. (last in list?), and is_today (birthday is today?) */
foreach ($context['calendar_birthdays'] as $member)
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile;u=', $member['id'], '" style="text-decoration: none"> ', (!empty($member['color']) ? ' <font color="'.$member['color'].'">' : ''), $member['name'], isset($member['age']) ? ' (' . $member['age'] . ')' : '', (!empty($member['color']) ? '</font>' : ''), '</a>', $member['is_last'] ? '' : ', ';
}

That worked, albeit not the solution I was looking for.

qtime

8: Undefined index: 15903
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\form\Sources\MessageIndex.php
Line: 643

I get this code when some boards are visited, not all.  Someone else have this problem? Or do you know a solution?

http://board_url/form/index.php?board=49.560 give the error
and http://board_url/form/index.php?board=49.0 (without the .560 works great)

I don't know how the .560  will be added to a board....  ::)

LostProphecy

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on March 29, 2006, 05:56:10 AM

Din1031,

i would very much like this ability as well... it looks super
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

ディン1031

Quote from: qtime on April 03, 2006, 12:36:25 PM
8: Undefined index: 15903
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\form\Sources\MessageIndex.php
Line: 643

I get this code when some boards are visited, not all.  Someone else have this problem? Or do you know a solution?

http://board_url/form/index.php?board=49.560 give the error
and http://board_url/form/index.php?board=49.0 (without the .560 works great)

I don't know how the .560  will be added to a board....  ::)
Why should i've a solution for this?
I don't know why my mod would make such a problem? (I use the mod since the first release and it nerver happend :X).

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on March 29, 2006, 01:53:13 PM
Uff i don't understand?
Or is this not in smf?
Its not in SMF. But its in vB and MyBB. I just like the idea of being able to change each member groups HTML. So mods could be green bold, admins red, bold, italic etc... using a HTML prefix/suffix.

Yes it's a good idea... when my worktimes are little bit better than i will insert it...

Mod should work in 1.0.7 package manager...

Bye the very very busy
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

mark25

how about in shoutbox? and in tinyportal? it doesn't change the color...  :)

S1L1C0N

I installed this but it did not change anything in my custom theme...

Arbalot

Quote from: S1L1C0N on June 22, 2006, 02:24:20 PM
I installed this but it did not change anything in my custom theme...

your theme?
modified default or another theme?

S1L1C0N

Sorry I'm stupid lol I didn't enable it, thanks this is exactly what I was looking for!

3-CXT

i install this mod and after the install, i got a bad error... look for yourself www.battleholicz.de ..and after i deinstall this mod and delete this mod, nothing chance. also i tried to delete the language things of this mod. nothing else happend. how can i delete the thing above my board. for you all, who dont want to go to my site:
Quotext['MemberColorLinkHeadline'] = 'Member Color Link'; $txt['MemberColorLink'] = 'The display of the threadindex'; $txt['MemberColorThreadOwner'] = 'The thread owner at the boardindex'; $txt['MemberColorThreadLastPost'] = 'The last post member at the messageindex'; $txt['MemberColorThreadChild'] = 'The last post member at the childboard'; $txt['MemberColorBoardindex'] = 'The last post member at the boardindex'; $txt['MemberColorBirthday'] = 'The Birthday Links of the Members (Calendar and Boardindex)'; $txt['MemberColorRecentOwner'] = 'Recent posts, threadowner'; $txt['MemberColorRecentLastPost'] = 'Recent posts, the last poster'; $txt['MemberColorInbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Inbox'; $txt['MemberColorOutbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Outbox'; $txt['MemberColorLatestMember'] = 'Color the Latest Member'; $txt['MemberColorStats'] = 'Change color in the Boardstats.'; $txt['MemberColorWhoIsOnline'] = 'Color the Who is Online (Messagesindex and Threadindex)'; $txt['MemberColorLinkHeadline'] = 'Member Color Link'; $txt['MemberColorLink'] = 'The display of the threadindex'; $txt['MemberColorThreadOwner'] = 'The thread owner at the boardindex'; $txt['MemberColorThreadLastPost'] = 'The last post member at the messageindex'; $txt['MemberColorThreadChild'] = 'The last post member at the childboard'; $txt['MemberColorBoardindex'] = 'The last post member at the boardindex'; $txt['MemberColorBirthday'] = 'The Birthday Links of the Members (Calendar and Boardindex)'; $txt['MemberColorRecentOwner'] = 'Recent posts, threadowner'; $txt['MemberColorRecentLastPost'] = 'Recent posts, the last poster'; $txt['MemberColorInbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Inbox'; $txt['MemberColorOutbox'] = 'Change colors in the Instant Messages Outbox'; $txt['MemberColorLatestMember'] = 'Color the Latest Member'; $txt['MemberColorStats'] = 'Change color in the Boardstats.'; $txt['MemberColorWhoIsOnline'] = 'Color the Who is Online (Messagesindex and Threadindex)'; ?>

is above my board.

please help me

LHW

I just installed this on my v1.0.78 board, and it works great!  Nice job!

However, I've also got the mod that shows the highest and lowest karma totals on the Stats Page.  I believe the following code is the section that does it...can someone please tell me how to change this so it will also display the Member Links in color??

Thanks!

// Top 5 Karma Rating
$karma_results = db_query("
SELECT realName, karmaGood, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY karmaGood DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['karma'] = array();

while( $row_karma = mysql_fetch_assoc($karma_results) )
{
$context['gkarma'][] = array(
'Karma' => $row_karma['karmaGood'],
'Link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row_karma['ID_MEMBER'] . '">' . $row_karma['realName'] . '</a>'
);
}

// Bottom 5 Karma Rating
SELECT realName, karmaBad, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY karmaBad DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['bkarma'] = array();

{
$context['bkarma'][] = array(
'Link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row_karma['ID_MEMBER'] . '">' . $row_karma['realName'] . '</a>',
'Karma' => $row_karma['karmaBad']
);
}

// Highest Total Karma
SELECT karmaGood, karmaBad, realName, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY (karmaGood-karmaBad) DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['htkarma'] = array();

{
$context['htkarma'][] = array(
'Link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row_karma['ID_MEMBER'] . '">' . $row_karma['realName'] . '</a>',
'Good' => $row_karma['karmaGood'],
'Bad' => $row_karma['karmaBad']
);
}

// Lowest karma total
SELECT karmaGood, karmaBad, realName, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY (karmaGood-karmaBad) ASC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['ltkarma'] = array();

{
$context['ltkarma'][] = array(
);
}

EDIT: One more thing...what needs to be done to get this to work on the Members List page?

Thanks!

NeFReT

:1.1 RC3 amenable Member Color Link Modu what date advantage ??? ???

LostProphecy

Quote from: Essential Knight on August 22, 2006, 02:52:43 PM
I just installed this on my v1.0.78 board, and it works great!  Nice job!

However, I've also got the mod that shows the highest and lowest karma totals on the Stats Page.  I believe the following code is the section that does it...can someone please tell me how to change this so it will also display the Member Links in color??

Thanks!

// Top 5 Karma Rating
SELECT realName, karmaGood, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY karmaGood DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['karma'] = array();

{
$context['gkarma'][] = array(
'Karma' => $row_karma['karmaGood'],
'Link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row_karma['ID_MEMBER'] . '">' . $row_karma['realName'] . '</a>'
);
}

// Bottom 5 Karma Rating
SELECT realName, karmaBad, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY karmaBad DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['bkarma'] = array();

{
$context['bkarma'][] = array(
'Karma' => $row_karma['karmaBad']
);
}

// Highest Total Karma
SELECT karmaGood, karmaBad, realName, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY (karmaGood-karmaBad) DESC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['htkarma'] = array();

{
$context['htkarma'][] = array(
);
}

// Lowest karma total
SELECT karmaGood, karmaBad, realName, ID_MEMBER FROM {$db_prefix}members ORDER BY (karmaGood-karmaBad) ASC LIMIT 5", __FILE__, __LINE__);

$context['ltkarma'] = array();

{
$context['ltkarma'][] = array(
);
}

EDIT: One more thing...what needs to be done to get this to work on the Members List page?

Thanks!

There is already code for this to be put in colour ;)

you need to go to the thread where you got that from din put the code in there
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

littleone

8: Undefined index: MemberColorThreadLastPost
File: /home/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 647

Yikes!  thats flooding my error log.  Any fix?  Thanks!

Jorin

Installed the Mod at my 1.1RC3 and activated it, but there is absolutely no effect anywhere  :o

Can anyone help? Had no errors during installation, all files where edited without errors.

Skipdawg

Quote from: nehcregit on August 30, 2006, 03:22:01 PM
Installed the Mod at my 1.1RC3 and activated it, but there is absolutely no effect anywhere  :o

Can anyone help? Had no errors during installation, all files where edited without errors.

Go to Admin -> Features and Options -> Member Color Link
And set what you want it to do.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community