News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Making a test forum

Started by aohb, July 01, 2009, 05:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aohb

Thanks, when I hit skip it's giving me this error:  Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website

I have re-uploaded all files again, that's 1.1.9 then RC1 and it's still giving me these errors! There can't be anything missing!

aohb

Gosh, this never ends! I managed to skip the upload and now have this error:
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script).

Database Updates Complete! Click Continue to Proceed.
!!
Error!
Unknown Error!

Which isn't very helpful as I don't even know what the error is!!!!

aohb

Still having problems, can anyone help please?  :-[

aohb

No, I don't use cPanel, I use Plesk.

aohb

Think the error may be to do with script.js but that is there, I have reuploaded it as well and it is at 777.

aohb

aohb

There's a Log Files then Log Manager which has some errors in it, the last few mentioning 'access_log.processed' and 'access_log'. Is that what you mean? That's all I have in Plesk with regards to an error log.

aohb

Yeah there are error logs, should I post the whole thing?

aohb

It won't let me post it, it says I've exceeded maximum characters allowed in a message, but it won't even let me halve it. I don't think that is relevant anyway as these 'errors' seem to apply to my live forum, which is running fine. I'm not sure where to find the error log for a specific folder?

aohb

I've had a look through - all errors are for my live forum, mostly about the Themes folder, none about my testforum... Very odd.... I'm really stumped now. Why can't it just say what the error is  :(

aohb

Oh right. Is there anything else I can do?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi aohb, do you still need assistance with this?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aohb

Yes I do, I am still very much stuck  :(

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What are you stuck with? What are you needing assistance with at the moment?

Just trying to clarify this a bit, since this is already a rather lengthy topic, and the last post of your progress was a long time ago.

So could you tell us what the situation is at the moment?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aohb

I am at the same point as before. I am trying to install RC2 on a test forum. I keep re-uploading a fresh version of 1.1.10 and then trying to upgrade to RC2.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

And what is the problem / error you are experiencing this time? Where does it stop and why, so that you can't upgrade to 2.0?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

aohb

This is the error message, which is incredibly helpful. Before that it moaned about my script.js being out of date, but allowed me to proceed to this step. As you can see it doesn't get far.

"Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)."

I was able to install RC2 on its own fine, but for some reason it will not let me upgrade from 1.1.10 (or 1.1.9), which is essential as I want to retain my members/posts/etc.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you start the upgrade, and select the option to display additional debugging info, does it stop in the exact same spot - could you get a screenshot of what is visible on the screen at the moment it stops then?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

aohb

I selected the option to display the extra debugging info. Got same error, but no info.

"

Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script).

Updating indexes on "messages"...

"

After scrolling down...

aohb

Any ideas? I am still stuck with this...

Advertisement: