News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Dev Blog #42: The Blog About Life, The Universe And Everything

Started by Aaron, July 02, 2009, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny01

Quote from: Arantor on August 24, 2009, 11:38:24 AM
Not to mention that a number of features that were mods in 1.1 are now core in 2.0.
That's interesting.

Fustrate

Quote from: searchgr on August 24, 2009, 01:43:48 PM
JAN,12 2009

Quote from: metallica48423 on January 12, 2009, 03:56:40 AM
Unfortunately, SMF 2.0 is feature-frozen.

...it was feature-frozen after any new features (like WYSIWYG, requestable groups, etc.) were added. It's not like development on SMF 2.0 started January 1st, 2009...
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

sAce

karlbenson

As was said at the beginning of this topic.  RC2 is aiming to ship this summr.

sAce

Quote from: karlbenson on August 24, 2009, 02:19:32 PM
As was said at the beginning of this topic.  RC2 is aiming to ship this summr.

hmm..

my summer is gone, and the next one is due 7 months :P

Özgür

Thanks for the answer =)
@karlbenson,
Which or how much bugs marked "will resolved" in RC3 ? =)
So Long

karlbenson

No idea.
Quick answer, as many as possible.  Sadly most of the remaining ones are stubborn little insects.  The team, beta testers, and even non-teamies have been very helpful in debugging some bugs, and even offering solutions/fixes.

Hopefully RC3 will be a much faster turn around then rc1 (aka beta5 within some circles :P) to rc2

poolhall

Yigal

Well you guys have less than 30 days to release RC2...since summer is ending :P :P . I can wait, I'm happy with what I have right now.
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

CarpeDiem

Fall starts September 23rd.  I can hardly wait for RC2's solutions.

Here's hoping both RC2's Curve and Core have the long-awaited solutions to the problems we've reported in RC1's default Theme (soon to be renamed Core, I understand).

The database will remain the same, right?

青山 素子

Quote from: CarpeDiem on September 01, 2009, 10:32:24 PM
Here's hoping both RC2's Curve and Core have the long-awaited solutions to the problems we've reported in RC1's default Theme (soon to be renamed Core, I understand).

It's always been named Core, even in the 1.1 releases. All that is changing is that it's being moved out of the default position. It's also being re-based to clean up a lot of those issues in RC1.

Quote from: CarpeDiem on September 01, 2009, 10:32:24 PM
The database will remain the same, right?

I don't believe there have been any structural changes, but some columns have changed type for performance reasons (we're trying to eliminate as many slow queries as practically possible). The upgrade script will make the necessary changes when you run it.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Kenny01

Good to know Motoko-chan, Thanks.
Many forums are going to crash during the upgrades  :D

青山 素子

Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Kenny01

Quote from: Motoko-chan on September 02, 2009, 12:52:51 AM
Quote from: Kenny01 on September 02, 2009, 12:46:20 AM
Many forums are going to crash during the upgrades  :D

:o I hope not!
Believe me, many installed there forums through fantastico and do all the upgrades from the admin panel. Large upgrade is another music.

The support team should be ready for a massive support.  8)

CarpeDiem

Will our forums go into a maintenance mode where the message "Okay faithful users...we're attempting to..." be displayed while the upgrade is taking place, and will the upgrade script do this automatically?

青山 素子

CarpeDiem, yes. There is an option on the upgrade tool to enable maintenance mode.
Motoko-chan

c23_Mike

Hi there !

Wow, I also wanna say I count the days to fall, waiting for the long awaited update to rc2 and curve!

Pls animate also many writers of addons and costumize tools to write their addons also for the rc2 and not to wait for finals ... for example a file tool  ;)
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

CarpeDiem

Motoko-chan,

I'm one of those people who can't seem to get the install or upgrade tools to work through my webhost because of failed uploads, but I can always do the manual approach just fine by first downloading to my home computer and then, second, ftp-ing all the files to my website.

QUESTION:  Will the upgrade tool allow me to ftp the upgrade ZIP file myself to my forum folder along with the upgrade.php and, then, will the upgrade.php be able to process the ZIP (or unzipped) files since they'll already be uploaded there together in the same initial forum folder?

Again, the upgrade.php doesn't seem to be able to get through my webhost to upload files, so this way I'll put the ZIP file there for the upgrade tool to use myself with my ftp which always works, and the problem (actually, for many of us who have this problem) of uploading files with the upgrade tool will be bypassed and solved.

Advertisement: