SMF Dev Blog #42: The Blog About Life, The Universe And Everything

Started by Aaron, July 02, 2009, 04:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

c23_Mike

Hi there !

Yes that was I ment ... but it is hard to find this site, no link anywhere to this site?
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

青山 素子

Quote from: c23_Mike on September 12, 2009, 10:06:42 PM
Yes that was I ment ... but it is hard to find this site, no link anywhere to this site?

There is a link in the Bug Reports board.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Yigal

Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Özgür

I have question too. Will curve use to default theme images? I mean post images, quote images or something like that.
So Long

Fustrate

Curve will be the new default theme, and a lot of the images are remade for Curve. I'm still working on a few of them, and I doubt ALL of them will be done for RC2, but at the root of it, the current /default/ and Curve will use totally different images.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Özgür

Great news Fustrate. I'm happy for this. Because theme creators don't edit that icons. And mini icons making very hard. So we really need new icons and images. =)
Thanks (:
So Long

Something like that

If you guys haven't seen Curve yet, it's SLICK. It's elegant, beautiful, and fast. You'll love it :)

Something like that

Quote from: Alpay on September 13, 2009, 03:21:15 AM
himm , ie 6 compatibility ?

I'm surprised people still use IE, let alone IE 6. I believe it will be supported.

Dragooon

You got no idea how much head banging IE(Especially IE6, IE8 is actually decent) has given to the developers. All hail IE for its all-mighty powers!

Something like that

Quote from: Dragooon on September 13, 2009, 03:26:13 AM
You got no idea how much head banging IE(Especially IE6, IE8 is actually decent) has given to the developers. All hail IE for its all-mighty powers!

Actually, I do. I'm a developer. :)

Alpay

Oki , thanks... Mark Rose & Dragooon

Look :

http://www.somut.net/genel/tarayici-kullanim-istatistikleri-ie7-ie6-firefox-3-ie8-opera-chrome.html
&
http://www.sayyac.com/globals.php

Turkey sayyac.com Stats : (Türkiye Sayyac.com istatistikleri)

Browser (Tarayıcılar)

MSIE 7 42.78% 
MSIE 6 38.21% 
Firefox 3 9.65% 
MSIE 8 5.24%

Dragooon

Quote from: Mark Rose on September 13, 2009, 03:27:58 AM
Quote from: Dragooon on September 13, 2009, 03:26:13 AM

Actually, I do. I'm a developer. :)
I know, that post wasn't meant for you lol. It was for Alpay.

Kenny01

IE dominate the net, mostly developers and gurus use FF, and developers are not in the majority of internet users, so IE will keep leading because of windows os.

Özgür

Quote from: Kenny01 on September 13, 2009, 05:24:35 AM
IE will keep leading because of windows os.
Definitely. But mostly developer using opera. I guess :)
So Long

Dragooon

Quote from: [Daydreamer] on September 13, 2009, 05:38:54 AM
Quote from: Kenny01 on September 13, 2009, 05:24:35 AM
IE will keep leading because of windows os.
Definitely. But mostly developer using opera. I guess :)

It'd be more of a tie between Firefox and Opera. I personally like Firefox due to Firebug.

Arantor

There are only 2 reasons IE6 is still around: those who can't, and those who won't update it.

The former are the corporate crowd for the most part who have fantastically complex intranets that don't work on other browsers - even IE7/8, either because they are horribly broken in terms of layout/rendering or because they depend on ActiveX controls that haven't been updated.

The latter is, by and large, the non-technical user with the years-old computer that checks emails once a week kind of thing and doesn't realise it needs updating.

Advertisement: