News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post limition?

Started by andsim, October 06, 2009, 07:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andsim

hello guys,

i been looking for way to limit post on newbie, is there away to limit by post or month to limit board a month and automatically up grade to new member group. can anyone point me how or get modification on 2.0 RC.2

Arantor

You mean to slow them down?

Or change how many posts it takes before they stop being a newbie?

andsim

Arantor

The latter is a built in feature; you just edit the limits in Member Group configuration.

As for the former, what would be the benefit to limiting how many posts a member can make in a day or month?

If they are posting spam or unwanted content, ban them.

andsim

Quote from: Arantor on October 07, 2009, 04:46:03 AM
The latter is a built in feature; you just edit the limits in Member Group configuration.

As for the former, what would be the benefit to limiting how many posts a member can make in a day or month?

If they are posting spam or unwanted content, ban them.
, hmmm how i limit i dont see the option in membergroup to limit thee post
expect throu system configuring

Arantor

Limiting isn't a built in feature. I never said it was.

The ability to set the post count groups IS however a built in feature inside the admin panel.

andsim

ok i have change permission on permission settngf but it have no effect on post before approval turn on

Arantor

Assuming you mean 2.0's post moderation, how exactly did you configure it?

If any one group a user belongs to has rights to approve posts, they will be able to post without prior approval.

andsim

Quote from: Arantor on October 09, 2009, 05:58:27 PM
Assuming you mean 2.0's post moderation, how exactly did you configure it?

If any one group a user belongs to has rights to approve posts, they will be able to post without prior approval.
oh that over rise it?

Arantor

Yes. Any one group that has auto-approval overrides.

As a minimum, Regular Members and the lower post count groups would have to have moderation applied. Plus any other groups other than Global Moderator and Admin that you could reasonably expect to grant to newer users.

Advertisement: